I tried out Mothers FX

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I tried out Mothers FX

Here are my results from using Mothers FX Synwax (2 coats)

This wax gave the beauty of Meguiars NXT but was much easier to work with in application and during the wipe down. I used a Meguiars Even Coat Applicator and applied the wax just as the bottle directed. Massage the wax in until dry in a 2 - 3' section and then wipe when the wax hazes. I used a Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber towel to wipe off the wax once it had hazed. I followed up with Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer to clean up any prints I may have left while in the wipe down stage.

This wax is about a million times easier to wipe off then NXT, I never had to use more then two passes to wipe off in any particular spot. It is a little bit more fluid then the NXT Liquid but is still very easy to work with. I would defenitly recommend using a product like Meguiars Even Coat applicator when applying this wax for ease of use. I think it might be a little bit of a pain in the butt to use something like a terry clothe towel as the bottle directs.

I'm not bashing Meguiars NXT in this artical but if you want something with alittle more ease of use then this is the product for you! As Boss said, Mothers has really stepped up to the plate with their newer products. They have defenitly secured the #2 spot in my list of favorite car care products.

- Chris

Old 05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
The shine looks great! Thanks for posting your thoughts - I have a bottle of Mother's but haven't tried it yet.

Glad to hear it was easy to work with!

Old 05-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Very nice work!

Old 05-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckMan82
This wax is about a million times easier to wipe off then NXT, I never had to use more then two passes to wipe off in any particular spot.

Hard for me to believe since after I tried the NXT for the first time I was amazed at how much easier IT was to remove than the Mequiar's #26 I typically use......?!

Old 05-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Truck looks really good... One question though, you said to "Massage the wax in until dry in a 2 - 3' section and then wipe when the wax hazes.". Do the instructions say to work until dry?

RP

Old 05-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Hard for me to believe since after I tried the NXT for the first time I was amazed at how much easier IT was to remove than the Mequiar's #26 I typically use......?!
I'm telling you, it was a lot easier to remove but that's my own personal experience. I actually was playing around between the two on my brothers car, I should have taken a picture.

Originally Posted by RockPick
Truck looks really good... One question though, you said to "Massage the wax in until dry in a 2 - 3' section and then wipe when the wax hazes.". Do the instructions say to work until dry?
Sorry, RP I had written that from memory and wasn't smart enough to bring the bottle in when I wrote it. It says to work the sections in and then allow them to dry to a haze. The way the instructions are written, they want you to work the product in but obviously you would never want it to dry while you were working it in.

- Chris

Last edited by FordTruckMan82; 05-30-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Moderator &

Sorry, RP I had written that from memory and wasn't smart enough to bring the bottle in when I wrote it. It says to work the sections in and then allow them to dry to a haze. The way the instructions are written, they want you to work the product in but obviously you would never want it to dry while you were working it in.

- Chris
No need to appologize... I was just making sure. I'm really interested in trying this stuff out but, first I need to blow through the other gallons of 'stuff' I have...

Old 05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Nice looking truck. I just put a coat of Mother's Step 2 (Sealer and Glaze) and 1 coat of FX on my truck this weekend. I am curious to see how long it holds up v/s NXT but I assume they will be similar. Both are easy to use and give a great shine.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Well, if anybody wants to go "crazy" (and I always do)... try one coat of the new FX Synwax applied with a PC and a finishing pad with the PC set at 3.5. Remove it, and let it set for a least a few hours (overnight if possible)

Then, apply a second coat by hand as lightly as possible. Remove it, and let it go for a couple days. Then, wash and dry the vehicle and apply and remove some of the Reflections Top Coat for some beautiful gloss. Normally I'm not a big fan of the "spray waxes"... this one I like!

To be honest, several of these new Mothers' products are some of the best OTC products I've ever used. As a matter of fact, a couple of them, (like the Synwax) rival some of the better "boutique" products I've tried.

Of course, much of this stuff is about "personal" preference... others may see it differently.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Boss, what does OTC mean?

- Chris

Old 05-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Should be 'over the counter'. Just like drugs..

Old 05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Talking

otc= over the counter..

Old 05-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Moderator &

Hey Boss, what does OTC mean?

- Chris

Of The Chicken...

You see, many of these products are made from remaining Tyson chicken parts and pieces. Gotta love that shine though!

Look what the newest 'test product' from Meguiar's did for my paint! This one is called #48 1/2 Gizzards and Beaks Sealant

Impressive isn't it?

RP

Old 05-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Look what the newest 'test product' from Meguiar's did for my paint! This one is called #48 1/2 Gizzards and Beaks Sealant

Impressive isn't it?

RP
A "few" too many today... huh?

Old 05-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Of The Chicken...

You see, many of these products are made from remaining Tyson chicken parts and pieces. Gotta love that shine though!

Impressive isn't it?

RP

nice Moo-Moo RP!

Quick Reply: I tried out Mothers FX