Scratches, swirls, and spiderwebbing - Your days are numbered.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quintin
That'd be it, plus a few things. I added the #9, #16 (which I think I snagged up one of the last tins they had), #26, two bottles of #34 and #80. The ADS kit also came with the Velcro backing pad, but I bought the Meguiar's velcro pad (W64-DA) from Superior Car Care, so I've got two velcro backing pads. I didn't think about it at the time, but I guess I'll order a couple more polishing and finishing pads for the G100/PC thingy too.

I also ordered a counter weight for 6" pads from Superior Car Care, but looking at my polisher, it's already got a counter weight installed on it, but this one is marked "For 5 inch pads." What gives?

Is #26 the Hi-Tech Yellow Wax? If so, I thought they discontinued that product?

Old 06-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by khindal
I can't wait to get my box of "goodies" on Friday. The first thing I am going to tackle is my daughter's BLACK Civic. Should be loads of fun or a big pain in the keester. Then if I could only get my daughter to take better care of the car....

Kevin

Kevin,

One word of advice...

Don't get discouraged... trust me. Black is a different monster in a different realm of monstrosity (did that make any sense? LOL!)

Take your time and learn there but, remember, black is a different world...

RP

Old 06-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Ford Lariat

Nupe. All alive and well...

Autozone closed out their paste supply for $1/can... and I missed every damn one of them (and I checked in three different states!!!!).

Old 06-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yup...Mirror Glaze, or #16 is the one they've discontinued.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Oh, what was #16 then?

I think #26 would be a cool product to try. I don't know why, but I always picture bumble bees when I think of #26. Maybe because of the 'yellow wax' thing...

Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Moderator &

You can use that counterweight. The machine might be a little 'jerkier' but, no biggie. I've used both and you're not going to notice a big difference between the two until you really use the machine for a long time (I can't tell a big difference at all).

Definitely get a few pads. They do wear and you will, eventually, have to cull but, they should last a good long time pending you take good care of them.

Backing plates... I think I have four in plastic. Anyone need a plate? HA!

#16... still running as my favorite carnauba based product right now. I have a total of 4 tins in stock. I think I'll have a new favorite before I use all of that...

RP

Old 06-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Moderator &

Oh, what was #16 then?

I think #26 would be a cool product to try. I don't know why, but I always picture bumble bees when I think of #26. Maybe because of the 'yellow wax' thing...

#16 was called 'Professional Paste Wax'. It's a very old school wax that is carnauba based. It is discontinued. A few vendors have some stock... I managed to snare a few from Snappylips recently.

Like I just mentioned in my last post... it is my favorite carnauba based wax...

BTW, carnauba wax is, primarily, produced in Brazil from a tree... Linky to Carnauba Info... pretty interesting

Old 06-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
STOP!

You guys are making my nipples hard!

Aweeeeeesome!

Try Zaino including their Z-5 and NEW Z-8

Old 06-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Kevin,

One word of advice...

Don't get discouraged... trust me. Black is a different monster in a different realm of monstrosity (did that make any sense? LOL!)

Take your time and learn there but, remember, black is a different world...

RP
I have been reading a lot of posts about black paint and what a beast it is. I have been taking notes on all the advice so I will be better prepared when the G100 arrives. I will take my time and will ask questions if I run into trouble. I appreciate your advice. It will be a learning experience!!!

Thanks, Kevin

Old 06-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Moderator &

Kevin,

No problem. I'm glad you're approaching it with an open mind that you may, or may not, achieve perfection. Black is a booger, anyone that has ever detailed it will tell you that but, when you take something that looks rough and turn it around, even maybe not to perfection, it's a real feeling of achievement.

Be sure to ask questions if you have any!

RP

Old 06-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So, I think my initial plan of attack will be something like...

Wash
Clay
Evaluate
Spot treat with Scratch-X
#9 on the PC
Re-evaluate
#26 (by hand? Or with the PC? ) Or maybe #16?
Re-evaluate
NXT

Yes? No? Maybe? Recommended speeds for said products on the PC?

Old 06-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Nupe. All alive and well...

Autozone closed out their paste supply for $1/can... and I missed every damn one of them (and I checked in three different states!!!!).
I must have beat you to it, RP. I picked up 6 cans @ $1 each at my local Autozone. Muhahahaha!

Old 06-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Quintin,

I think you may want to reverse the NXT and #26 as I believe NXT may remove the #26.
As far as by hand or PC, either way is fine but I always prefer to apply my wax by hand, don't really know why but that's just they way I do it.

Gary

Old 06-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Question

Guys,
is there a way to explain to a detailing rookie (with a black truck) the deal with the #'s 16,26,34,80....whats the deal with those #'s and how is someone other than RP, or BOSS going to know what order to use them in???
Im sure this has been addressed before but i couldnt find it.
i have a three month old black truck and i have only used NXT so far along with washing it by hand every weekend.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:30 PM
the #'s are the product #'s they represent what the actual product is...if you look on the bottle , it has the # on it...and the order of them depends on what your actually using...

RP what is your monitor size / resolution set as! either you have a 13" monitor, or have your resolution set for the blind person setting! im not posting anymore pictures on here till you get a bigger monitor or new prescription glasses

Quick Reply: Scratches, swirls, and spiderwebbing - Your days are numbered.