Scratches, swirls, and spiderwebbing - Your days are numbered.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quintin,

It's looking good. I would love to see some shots in direct sunlight to see what #9 actual did and did not do. I appreciate you getting those parts ordered and I will try to bring it in tomorrow morning (June 7th). Do I need to make an appointment with the bodyshop for the brake light? That is what I was told my last visit there.
I'll have you a sample of DACP ready for you too. But like RP said, you may have to follow it with #9 or #80. I did a blue Yukon this weekend and I used DACP followed by #9 and it came out real good. The swirling on this thing was unbelievable.
Anyways, keep up the hard work and your truck will look it's best, at least until you drive it or it rains again!

Gary

Old 06-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Gary, figures you talk about rain and here it comes.

Nah, no appointments necessary with the body shop, it's just replacing the third brake light, I can do that. Your parts showed up Saturday, so whenever you can get in here, we'll be ready for you.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should have known that it was going to rain, especailly after doing all that work. It's a known fact that whenever you detail your car, it rains! Even if there is only a 10% chance of isolated showers, they will isolate over your car!
Case in point:
I did my wife's mustang Friday and Saturday, and while I was washing it started to rain (friday night). I continued on anyways, figured it would help rinse the car off. I pulled into the garage and dried her off (the mustang, not the wife!) The next morning, it was raining again but I went ahead and finished claying,polishing and waxing.
Saturday afternoon, i start to work on my buddies Tahoe. As soon as i had it washed and dried, it started to rain again!
I gave up for the day since I did not want to move my wife's mustang out into the rain. So I finish the Tahoe yesterday and about an hour after pulling into the garage, it decides to rain. Of course the mustang is sitting out in the driveway, getting what ended up being little water spots all over.
So here it is Monday afternoon with plans on leaving work early for our company golf league and then cleaning up the truck and guess what it decides to do. Yep, rain!
Oh well, I guess I can "work" for the rest of the day

Gary

Quick Reply: Scratches, swirls, and spiderwebbing - Your days are numbered.