Anyone looking for Meguiar's Banner, besides RP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
DrPaul84 glad you got your stuff, im still waiting for mine to come, but im sure it will be held up at customs for awhile. I will have to just sit here and over all the goodies everyone allready has.
Im sure i will be getting all the brushes and stuff on my next order, i just need to figure out what im actually going to need!
Later Trev

Old 06-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Unhappy Just my luck!

Ah crap, i just got an email today saying they havent even shipped my order yet, now im going to have to wait at least another week before i can detail my truck with my new toys.

By the way they wanted to exchange the out of stock item with a different item, is that okay as im not to sure weather i will or wont need it! Any help would be appreciated.
Later Trev

Here is there email with the details.
"Hi Trevor,
We are still waiting for the W7006 cutting pad to arrive which you have one of in your kit. We would like to ship your order today is it ok to replace the cutting pad with another W8006 polishing pad? You would rarely use the W7006 and we put it in the kit so to designate for the use of the bonnets for removal only which you can use the W8006 for also. Please let me know ASAP as we are making a drop at the post office today.
Rick Meyer
Auto Detailing Solutions
www.autodetailingsolutions.com "

Old 06-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I tend to agree with Rick... not sure you really 'need' a cutting pad unless you're planning on twirling a rotary. Get another 9006 or 8006.... just my opinion.

Old 07-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Good thing to day isnt a holiday up north as i finally recieved my kit in the mail today. Now i need a few hours to go crazy on my truck.
Later Trev

Old 07-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Moderator &

Good luck KK! Let us know if you need anything!

RP

Old 07-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Good luck KK! Let us know if you need anything!

RP
Sounds Great,so when are you planning on taking a a little road trip up north to give me a few pointers.
From what i have read here, i will take it slow and steady and i should have 1 nice swirl free paintjob.
Later Trev

Old 07-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Moderator &

I think one of the biggest problems that I've seen from folks talking about not achieving results from their PC is that they were probably using the machine in too rapid of a fashion. In short, you want to allow the product ample time to break down under the pad on the paint.... moving too quickly can cause micromaring from the product as it's not been given ample amounts of time to break down and do it's job.

Slow is better.

RP

Old 07-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the Help RP! I will definately be doing my truck in sections as i have to much surface space with the tonneau cover included to get my whole truck done in one day. Plus work is keeping me really busy.
Later Trev

Quick Reply: Anyone looking for Meguiar's Banner, besides RP?