Completely custom truck cover!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Completely custom truck cover!

After the problems with all the birds nearby apparently aiming for my truck (sometimes I'd come out to the truck and find 4-5 new "splatter marks", and the problems with the acidic water coming out of the sprinklers and damaging the clearcoat, and the worries that another hail storm is going to mess with the paint job I worked so hard for... I decided that it would be a worthwild investment to have a custom truck cover made up. It'll be made by Covercraft, and I'm using the Weathersheild HD material, which is very resistant to the sun, bird poop, acidic rain, snow, door dings, and other "harms of nature" so they are making one custom fit to the truck and all its "accessories" like the winch, nerf bars, roll bar, lights on top, etc.
Man I can't wait to get it, but they say it'll be towards the end of the month... but worth the wait I'm sure .

Took me about 4 hours to take all the dimensions and record them on to the computer for them to make it up... also included some dimensions not shown in the pictures, but it is gonna be awesome.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:29 AM
now that's an undertaking....I'm curious to see how good it turns out. Cost a fortune?

Old 06-07-2005, 10:32 AM
The money that it costs will more then be made up in the peace of mind I receive, I think, LOL.... not always having to worry about what the weather is doing, or if its going to hail tonight, or just how many birds took dumps on it today, all that crap (literally and figuratively, LOL).

Old 06-07-2005, 10:33 AM
With that much customization I'd get one too....truck looks great.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:40 AM
You forgot to measure the... ah, nevermind. Can't wait to see pics of the new custom cover.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Could you get a garage or enclosed carport? :o I was looking for a cover for my Focus to apply on each night, but then realized it's not that good for the surface (debris on the cover can inflict scratches in the clearcoat),... I just didn't want to deal with that so I let her sit outside each night... not having a garage sucks!

I think that's supercool though, are you gonna have any designs ON the truck cover? Any sort of personalization?

Old 06-07-2005, 11:53 AM
no designs on the cover, other then the logo of the company that made the cover, LOL.
Unfortunately I live in an apartment, they have carports available but just like every single garage (except specialty garages, etc.) in the denver area, they have 7' doors, and hte carports aren't nearly long enough so I wouldn't fit heightwise or lengthwise... since the truck is about 8' tall, not really an option .

Old 06-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Have you thought about one of the canvas portable garages? They cost 129-269 up and are legal most cities, since they are a non-permanant structure.
There are dozens in my area, some of which look pretty good.
Chris

Old 06-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Have you thought about one of the canvas portable garages? They cost 129-269 up and are legal most cities, since they are a non-permanant structure.
There are dozens in my area, some of which look pretty good.
Chris
again, I live in an apartment complex, so have no say in where I can park, except the covered parking, which costs $50/month and I don't fit in... but I can't exactly just build my own place for it to be stored or anything like that. Kinda stuck. I think I'll be happy with the car cover though .

Old 06-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if the truck cover was made and designed with a print of your truck over it, and when it was over your actual truck, it still looked like the real thing sitting there? I bet you could fool some people...

Old 06-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Truck cover came and has been put on! Works out great! It's heavy duty and it fits great. Only problem is putting it on and taking it off

Old 06-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Old 06-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I knew I had seen that someplace before, to avoid the hassle of putting it on and off just cut some flaps for windows and drive it with the cover on. Is it radiation proof?

Last edited by goslow; 06-28-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 PM
^^^ LOL ^^^

For one fleeting moment I thought mattadams had taken a picture of himself in front of the covered truck!

Cover looks good - it's amazing how they custom covered all of your accessories.

Quick Reply: Completely custom truck cover!