My O.C.D. Confession

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My O.C.D. Confession

Another big THANK YOU very much goes out to all of you for my newest OCD habit...

Washed the truck yesterday evening and wasn't left with the time to wax her up like I wanted. Of course that really bothered me all night. So I decided this morning that I would just get the hood and fenders before I left for work and then get what I could at lunch (I live 1 mile from work) and then could finish this afternoon. One fact that you need to know is that I live in Houston where the temp. is 82 at 6:30 in the morning with 90% humidity. With that said, I decided this after I was showered and ready for work, business casual, chino's and a polo shirt. I get up early anyway, but didn't want to work myself into a sweat. Well one thing lead to another and I just couldn't stop myself. I first lost the shirt in hopes that would cool me off, not even close. By the time I realized that I was just going to have to do the entire thing it was close to time for me to leave... I was just going to have to be late! Next problem, my boss lives 4 houses down from me so I was going to have to be tactful. I heard his diesel crank up and I crouched down behind my truck in the garage as he rolled on by. By the time I finished I was dripping with sweat and the pants I had ironed this morning were soaked. There really wasn't much choice in the matter, as I am as paticular about personal hygene as I am my truck. I had to take another shower and iron another pair of pants before I could leave. I got to work about 30 minutes late. When I got to my desk my boss asked me what happened and I made up a story about spilling coffee on my clothes and having to go though changing and clean up. He says no problem, but that he knew something had happened because he saw me messing around my truck about 10 minutes before he left. HA! Anyway, now I am sitting here typing this at work watching it rain on my truck! What are you going to do?

The bad part about all of this is that looking back on the whole stupid story is that I'm glad I got it done or else I know it would have driven me crazy all day! Does that qualify for OCD or what?

Old 06-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Believe me -- I am painfully aware of how much it can "suck" detailing a car during certain times of the year in Houston, TX!

Old 06-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Sounds normal to me. No problem here

Old 06-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Its not OCD, more like OCCTD (Obessive Compulsive Clean Truck Disorder). I suffer from this also. The way I see it, I spent $30,000 on my truck and I want to see that baby shine. Nothing wrong with that right? I'm not crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy. Right?

Old 06-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've long since diagnosed this problem with me....

The bad thing is that I'm working 80+ hour weeks for the remainder of the summer and won't be able to sufficiently curb my needs... LOL!

RP

Old 06-12-2005, 12:03 AM
baroy, I suggest getting tested by your doctor. OCD is nothing to joke about.

j/k

Your story was kinda funny, but I can relate to you! Although I'm kind of worried about the excuse you used.... not being honest about the time you spend with your truck, huh? Hey man it's cool, I'm a fanatic about keeping cars clean too. Around here it isn't all that uncommon....

Quick Reply: My O.C.D. Confession