Anybody heard of this product?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody heard of this product?

I was at Lake George for bike week last week and I spotted a motor home advertising a waterless car wash. After a 12 pack my curiosity got the best of me. It is called

DRI WASH N GUARD
Waterless Car Wash & Protective Glaze
BY DWG International

Any feedback will be appreciated

Thanx MAX

Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Haven't heard of that one but, there are SEVERAL waterless wash products on the market. QEW is, probably, the most popular.

RP

Old 06-13-2005, 06:20 AM
Not only have I heard of it, but I was given a sample to try after a rather "nasty" discussion with one of their distributors who was pushing the stuff on another site. BTW, the distributor wasn't the one who gave me the sample.

Anyhow, the sample only confirmed my suspicions... it's nothing special, but works "OK". Being that the stuff costs over $40 for 32 ounces... I would put my money towards better products.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Moderator &

Hey Boss... what are your thoughts on QEW? It seems to get raves all the time but, I'm INCREDIBLY reluctant to utilize 'waterless' on dark colors.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Hey Boss... what are your thoughts on QEW? It seems to get raves all the time but, I'm INCREDIBLY reluctant to utilize 'waterless' on dark colors.
RP,

Well, if used extremely "judiciously", the QEW seems to work well and IMHO is a better product than the Dri Wash & Guard stuff.

Of course, I only use those types of products when I have no other choice (in the winter). Even Spray & Wipe is only a light dirt or dust product for me.

If I lived in an area of the country under water restrictions, QEW and S & W would be my "go to" products.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:36 PM
I haven't tried the QEW but it sounds like I should since I've been using the Dri Wash N Guard for about 7 years now. I'm not really into polishing but do want all my vehicles to look presentable which is why I really like this particular product. I guess I'm just into low maintenance. Anyway this stuff keeps my car, truck, and bike looking pretty good but not as good as some the finer cleaners and waxes. Then again I just apply it once or twice a year by hand even though I have a high $ orbital polisher left over from my brief stint as a detailer. It's just too easy to do and not worth the effort to pull out the polisher unless I have a problem paint job that needs the extra oomph. The important thing to remember about this product is to start with a clean truck.

Another trick I like is to use a motor home or travel trailer water filter (about 10"x3") that you can get down at Ace Hardware and hook it up to my hose. I then put a standard spray nozzle on the other end to do a finish rinse after I wash the truck, car, etc. I've never tried the commercially available products but I imagine this works just as good. Price? About $12.00.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Moderator &

Thanks for the insight on the waterless wash products guys. I've been thinking about trying QEW in the winter but, still had a huge reservation about trying it because of the problems that I saw that could happen... but, then again, get right down to it and it could happen with a regular wash too I suppose...

Thanks again... I'll keep thinking about this one I believe...

Old 06-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanx for the info. Once again looks like good old elbow grease is the way to go!

Old 06-13-2005, 06:29 PM
I used Dri Wash & Guard on my silver '02 F150 and really liked it. It was so easy to use. The 32 oz bottle lasted me over a year and I was waxing about once a month. When I ran out, I thought that I would give Poorboys a try. And then I bought some NXT. Both seemed so hard to remove. Most of my time was spent going back over the truck looking for places where the wax didn't get buffed off. I may go back to DWG. I've heard the the Ultra-Ion is really good at repelling dust.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 PM
I like the results and how easy it is to use but it seems kind of like the rest of the spray waxes that I have tried. I'm thinking that there is nothing like a paste wax.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:29 PM
I am actually a DWG distributor. The product does work well. However as Boss stated, at $40 for 32oz you could by 4x as much S&W. Prepare your car right the first time and S&W will give you the same results providing you keep your car cleaned every few days (Not a good distributor am I). If you used the DWG every few days it would get quite expensive. A 32 oz bottle will give 16 polishes on an average size car. Give your car a good polish and treat with several layers of sealant and good coat of wax (meg's 16) and S&W does just fine...Follow that up with S&G or 4* UGE. I will give true testimony to the Ultra Ion and its dust repellant capabilities. I verified this by doing half my hood and left the other half with just a coat of wax on. The side with Ultra Ion had substantially less dust than the untreated side. I have not found this in any of the other waxes/sealants I use now. Don't know about QEW,however I'm like RP, not to sure about using on dark colors.

Let me give a free plug on their tire treatment. It is great stuff. Leaves a satin look on the tires and dries to the touch and no slinging. Also seals the pourous plastic (mirrors, and front cowl below windshields) real nice. I think it retails for $17 for 16oz. Not trying to sell anything, just stating that it is a good product so don't be afraid to try it out.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by runnerbl; 06-13-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by StdCabFX4
When I ran out, I thought that I would give Poorboys a try. And then I bought some NXT. Both seemed so hard to remove. Most of my time was spent going back over the truck looking for places where the wax didn't get buffed off. I may go back to DWG. I've heard the the Ultra-Ion is really good at repelling dust.
StdCabFX4,

I really find that strange that you have trouble with Poorboy's products or the NXT. Most people find Steve's products to be extremely easy to use (if used properly). Same thing goes for NXT... I find it a cinch to use.

Old 06-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Boss 429:

I only used Poorboys one time. First I clayed, then used the Pro Polish. Maybe it wasn't that hard to remove, I don't remember. But I remember the next day when there was a film of dust on the truck, I could see all kinds of skippers that I missed when buffing. I've still got a full bottle of the EX-P so I'll give it another try.
Now the NXT paste that I recently tried, the instructions said to do the whole vehicle before wiping off. My truck was in the shade but it was pretty warm that day. As soon as I started to buff off the wax I thought UH OH this was a mistake. Well it was more like I had to scrub the stuff off than buff.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:48 PM
I have used the product for the last five years. It works okay but, do not get it on black trim!!! It is very hard to get off. I now use final inspection.

Quick Reply: Anybody heard of this product?