Zaino Swirl Mark Remover

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Swirl Mark Remover

For any of you Zaino fans that are not aware... Zaino has just released his new Z-PC Swirl Mark Remover.

From what I've heard, it is very good stuff. Similar to... roughly DACP or #80 in abrasiveness, but breaks down to an extremely fine final polish.

I'll be trying some soon!

Old 06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let us know Boss!

Old 06-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered mine today. Of course I have to find something with swirls in it to try it on.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by 2stroked
I ordered mine today. Of course I have to find something with swirls in it to try it on.
Mine has swirls... Come on down.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Mine's on the way too!

Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Moderator &

Heck, I third that. When you going to take care of mine 2s?

Old 06-30-2005, 01:21 PM
For those who are interested, I finally got a chance to check this stuff out, and I'm glad I did...

Brief review...

It applies, works, and removes quite easily. (Using too much will cause some significant dusting)... so keep it light.

With a PC and a polishing pad it removes light swirls nicely. Others that have used that combination say that it is comparable to products like #80 (Speed Glaze) or SSR2 in aggressiveness when used with a PC... I would agree.

When used with a rotary buffer and a light cutting pad, it will remove moderate swirls extremely well. I would compare it to DACP or SSR2.5 in aggressiveness.

Its finest attribute (with either combination) is its ability to break down uniformly to a fine burnishing polish and leave the paint haze free and extremely smooth. This was a very impressive feature!

The price is initially rather expensive. However, because of the way it breaks down to such a fine burnishing polish, I find that it will probably take the place of two polishes (a moderate SMR and a final polish) in my stash... and I almost always follow an SMR with a final polish. For me, that makes it a very good bargin price wise... and more importantly, it saves me a "lot" of time.

On the bottle, it says "prepare to be amazed"! Well, I'm not going to say that I was "amazed", but I was very impressed with its performance!! This product will be one of my "go-to" polishing products under most circumstances.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Moderator &

As usual, a very nice review Boss. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the product.

It sounds like Z may have finally bridged the gap with their products not having an effective swirl-removing polish.

RP

Old 06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Hazy Result after Maguires Step 1 and $15 buffer from Wally World

Originally Posted by Boss_429
Its finest attribute (with either combination) is its ability to break down uniformly to a fine burnishing polish and leave the paint haze free and extremely smooth. This was a very impressive feature!
Well, ive seriously been staring at my truck constantly because of what i did to it on Saturday.......PLEASE OFFER ADVICE.

I used Maguires Step 1 of 3 of there 3 step and applied it "lightly" with my new $15 polisher from Wally World and now i think i might have ruined what was already nearly perfect paint job. Well, the swirls are gone but.......

In the correct angle in direct sunlight, or in the gararge, or just up close enough, there is a noticable "haze", Very noticible. Even a co worker mentioned it.....bad timing too, i was pissed seeing as how im already super bummed at what i did.

ive tried 3 coats of NXT, and sampled a few other brands on spots, improved the "darkness" of the black, but did not remove the evil haze

I am pretty sure the problem can be fixed but i fear doing further damage. Should i buy step 2 and 3, and if so apply by hand or that polisher??

Please

Old 06-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
As usual, a very nice review Boss. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the product.

It sounds like Z may have finally bridged the gap with their products not having an effective swirl-removing polish.
RP
Thanks RP...

Not only will this be a fine single step (multi function) polish to be used with the "Z" system, but it should work great with any sealant system, as the polish leaves behind no oils or fillers. As a matter of fact, there's no reason why it can't be used in a carnauba system with great results.

I really like this one!

Last edited by Boss_429; 06-30-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Sick05Lariat
Well, ive seriously been staring at my truck constantly because of what i did to it on Saturday.......PLEASE OFFER ADVICE.

I used Maguires Step 1 of 3 of there 3 step and applied it "lightly" with my new $15 polisher from Wally World and now i think i might have ruined what was already nearly perfect paint job. Well, the swirls are gone but.......

In the correct angle in direct sunlight, or in the gararge, or just up close enough, there is a noticable "haze", Very noticible. Even a co worker mentioned it.....bad timing too, i was pissed seeing as how im already super bummed at what i did.

ive tried 3 coats of NXT, and sampled a few other brands on spots, improved the "darkness" of the black, but did not remove the evil haze

I am pretty sure the problem can be fixed but i fear doing further damage. Should i buy step 2 and 3, and if so apply by hand or that polisher??

Please
Sick05,

First, get that buffer and the bonnets that you used... clean them up... and put them in a yard sale, as I suspect that they were the culprit in causing the hazing. You can put the money towards a PC with some good pads.

Anyhow, neither the 1, 2, or 3 would cause hazing on their own, as there are no abrasives in any of those products. You will now need to get a light abrasive product and remove the hazing... by hand if necessary.

Sorry... that's how you learn.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:02 PM
^^^

yup, thats what i was afraid of.....just wanted it verified by someone.
What "light abrasive" product do you suggest i get??? and when you say a "PC" my neighbor offer i borrow his G100 whenever if i bought pads for it. would that work? if so what pad / wax combo is good for an obvious novice? theres a detail place down the road from where i work, i will go in a while.....
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sick05Lariat
^^^

yup, thats what i was afraid of.....just wanted it verified by someone.
What "light abrasive" product do you suggest i get??? and when you say a "PC" my neighbor offer i borrow his G100 whenever if i bought pads for it. would that work? if so what pad / wax combo is good for an obvious novice? theres a detail place down the road from where i work, i will go in a while.....
Thanks in advance.
Sick05,

Several things...

The G100 will work fine... it is the PC with a Meguiar's logo on it.

If you can find some Meguiar's #80 (Speed Glaze) locally... that should help. To be honest, the best OTC (over the counter) polish for beginners that I've found lately is the new Mothers' Power polish. With the PC and a polishing pad it handles light swirls/scratches nicely. With the PC and a cutting pad, it handles moderate swirls nicely. A very versatile OTC polish.

Don't use the PC (or any buffer) to apply/remove any waxes (until you become more familar with the PC/pads/products/bonnets). Use it for paint prep (cleaning/polishing/swirl removal)... and take you time learning that part.

One last thing... after reading your post again, you might have a "clouding" problem, rather than a hazing problem. The "clouding" problem can sometimes be caused by moisture trapped beneath the carnauba (or polish) when you were apply/remove it. Try this before you do anything... take a little of the Deep Crystal #1 (paint cleaner) and try cleaning the worst area. See if that removes the clouding/hazing. If so, you'll just need to do the entire 3 step over again, making sure that there isn't a lot of moisture on the paint surface.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Boss,

Thank you very much for the advice. I ended up asking my neighbor to use his PC along with tha pad he suggested with Maguires #84. I was so pleased to see the result i did the entire truck, and the hood and front fenders twice, follwed by NXT by hand of course. The "haze" is gone. When you say dont use it for applying "waxes" only "polishes" until i am more familiar, what is the difference? i.e. product names. Can you please elaborate a little on that???
Needless to say, i am going to invest in my own PC soon.
Looks better than the day i bought it. ill try to get pics up by the end of the day.

Last edited by Sick05Lariat; 07-05-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Moderator &

#84? CPC is a VERY aggressive compound... just about as aggressive as there is on the market today! That's not even a product that is recommended being used with a PC!

Glad it worked out for you...

Quick Reply: Zaino Swirl Mark Remover