Car Cruelty (and confession)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Cruelty (and confession)

This is a two-part story and I have an ulterior motive, but I can justify.

I have a twenty-year-old next-door neighbor who cuts her yard every Saturday in a crop top and shorts. Most, if not all, of the husbands on the street (including mine) miraculously synchronize to her grass-cutting schedule. This is part of my ulterior motive. One evening I saw her in the garage waxing her car. I used this as an opportunity to address my ulterior motive and determine how she was waxing her car. She used a portable drill with what looked like a foam pad. She used Meguiar's products. The color of the car is orange/beige the color is unique and hard to describe. When I saw this process, I called the Cruelty to Car Association. They could not address the issue immediately because they were busy citing the F150 owners using Nokya H13’s (lol). I was further amazed when during our conversation she disclosed the original color of the car was white. For me this rivaled the Hindenburg catastrophe, “oh the humanity”. With great poise, I asked her if she were open to possibly a better method of car care. With a piercing look, she explained that her dad had taught her this technique. Well, so much for trying to stamp out car cruelty. At this time I had nothing to lose and broached the ulterior motive, mowing the grass is crop top and shorts. I asked her if she would be more comfortable mowing the grass in the evening or, put delicately, less revealing mowing attire. With the same piercing look, she stated this is how and when her mother mowed the grass. I gave up. I went home, pulled the spark plug from the mower and “accidentally” dropped it on the garage floor closing the spark plug gap. Reinstalled plug. Let Mike try to start it this Saturday. Found a cheap portable drill I purchased from HD with pad and sanding disks and gave it to her as a good neighbor gift. OK…I know I was wrong and I felt guilty for 3.875 seconds. Confession, after the 3.875 seconds, it sure felt good.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Although I'm sure I cannot speak for all of the (male) members of the F150Online General Care Forum, I do wish to thank you for not trying too hard to "correct" your neighbor's method of detailing her car. Yes, it sounds like she is dead wrong and indeed doing seriuos damage to her car's finish. This is a very delicate matter best left to true professionals - like myself for instance - to address. Please forward her name, phone number and a picture (in crop top and shorts of course) to me. I can assure you that I will deal with this very serious matter with the utmost speed and care. Thank you.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:55 PM
dmp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread is worthless without pics.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Like dmp said, we need pics. Your position comes across as mostly whinning till we are able to judge for ourselves. If we had pics then we could tell if your story really has merit. Not that we mistrust or anything, but you have to be careful how you accept everything that gets posted.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
One other thing, are you not concerned that he will just go buy another mower, or even worse, go ask her to borrow hers?

Old 06-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Fix Plug

Shoot...you are correct. I'll fix the mower. I don't have pictures of her (not my thing), but I am sure several people in the neighborhood do. If my husband does...I'll take his truck!

Last edited by Chrishulgan; 06-16-2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
I think maybe you misunderstood. We need to see pics of that paint job that was being abused. if you can't send those, how about some pics of yourself?

Old 06-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Your post in entirely unbelieveable.

I mean, c'mon...a girl mowing the lawn?

Just kiddin'
Please send pics as noted above
You, her, it doesn't matter.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is her name Isabella by any chance? It's amazing what you can find with Google!
Isabella mowing the lawn

Old 06-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Well I can understand your disbelief, given your gender, regarding women mowing the yard. I will forgive you…this time :o) Using a portable drill to polish her car borders on criminal action. Moreover, so does the mowing attire…yeah I am whining. I am not sure why, but people stop and take pictures of me when I am cleaning/washing the truck. This my husband does not like, but I do enjoy keeping my truck sparkling.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by RockyJSquirrel
Is her name Isabella by any chance? It's amazing what you can find with Google!
Isabella mowing the lawn

No, it is not her. Unfortunately, it is a very close facsimile.

Old 06-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Chris, that is absouletely terrible your husband has to see that every Saturday. Where do you live so I can go tell that 20 year old to stop doing that.

Quick Reply: Car Cruelty (and confession)