Newb detail

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm... you pulled a fast one on me here...

Black paint is evil. Pure evil.

To really bring it back to good, you're going to need an abrasive polish. I'd tack on M-80, maybe M-09, maybe M-83, M-81, etc... etc... to your list but, be pre-warned, if it's in poor shape like you've described, you're going to have a hell of a time getting it back to good by hand. You'll have to sign-up for the miracle worker class to get it back to new (when you find that class, please forward the information on to me as I need to get in it as well). Even a seasoned and professional detailer will have a time making a black vehicle in very bad condition look new. Trust me.

One suggestion... I'd highly recommend the 'Water Magnet Waffle Weave Towel'.

RP

Old 06-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I may be over exagerrating on the shape of the Camery. I think I'll start with the Speed Glaze M-8032 as see how well it works by hand. I hoping this is all that I need to get the majority of the swirls and scrathes out. Would I use the Speed Glaze after the clay?

You recommend the Water Magnet Waffle Weave Towel in lieu of the Super Suede Drying Cloth?

I'll keep searching for the miracle worker class because that sounds interesting.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jrack04
Well I may be over exagerrating on the shape of the Camery. I think I'll start with the Speed Glaze M-8032 as see how well it works by hand. I hoping this is all that I need to get the majority of the swirls and scrathes out. Would I use the Speed Glaze after the clay?

You recommend the Water Magnet Waffle Weave Towel in lieu of the Super Suede Drying Cloth?

I'll keep searching for the miracle worker class because that sounds interesting.

I'm telling you man... if you find the class, there are oodles of folks that I know that'd like to attend. LOL!

I haven't tried the Super Suede but, I assume that it's similar to an 'Absorber' cloth. They hold ALOT of water but, don't really have much nap to them. For that reason, I'd probably go the route of blotting the surface with a waffle wave to dry.

Speed glaze after clay.

RP

Quick Reply: Newb detail