Hope I didn't hurt my paint with this stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope I didn't hurt my paint with this stuff...

OK, washed the truck this morning and pulled it in the garage to wax it and found out that I was out of Zaino. Truck really needed waxed and I knew that I there was no hope of scoring any Zaino on a Sunday afternoon so I went to the local NAPA store and bought this mysterious wax. It was called Meguires Gold Class. Must be pretty obsolete because there was an inch of dust on the box, I just hope the two coats I put on don't hurt my truck.......

Just kidding! I did buy some Gold Class and used it, but it was just because they didn't have the NTX that I have been wanting to try. I was at Wal-Mart last night and had the bottle in my hand and thought "No I'll just use the rest of my Zaino".

The Gold Class went on pretty easy but was a little tough to remove - the humidity might have had something to do with that. I think I might use some Meguires Cleaner wax and NTX next time and maybe top it off with some Gold Class, but it will be a month or so before that happens.

Old 06-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If it was difficult to remove, you may have applied it a little too thick. I've learned recently that some waxes, carnuba based ones which is what the Gold Class is I think(?), become a bear to remove if applied too thick. Super duper thin coats and it'll practically fall off when you go to remove.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
I know from using Zaino that thin coats are best and I put it on super thin because I knew the humidity was extreme today. It was really the worst conditions to wax a truck today, thank goodness I had a garage and was in the shade, but the heat and humidity were killers.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:44 PM
I've used the Gold Class and it is hard to remove. I'd a Meguiars fan and asked them to sponsor my truck which they have. I'm in love with the New Tech line of products. The Tech wax is extremely easy to apply and remove and I love what it does for my truck.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've tried that stuff before and it looks good but it is hard to buff off.

Last edited by Intel486; 06-27-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Gold Class + Florida humidity = sore arm for two three days.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:38 PM
jcc
i use it all the time but i use a buffer to get it off

Quick Reply: Hope I didn't hurt my paint with this stuff...