Turtle Wax Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turtle Wax Platinum

Has anyone tried out the Turtle Wax Platinum series? I saw that they are going after Meguiars and Mothers with their tv commercials.

There guy says something to the effect of, "I've tried Mothers and Meguiars but have never gotten a shine like I get from Turtle Wax Platinum." The cars they show in the commercial are alright, nothing like what you see from Meguiars or Mothers.

- Chris

Old 06-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep. I've tried TW Platinum. Honestly, it was an 'okay' product. I snared a free sample at Pep Boys one day while standing at the checkout... the lady checking me out offered it to me and said she could tell I was going to be doing some 'serious waxxing soon'. LOL!

Went on easy. Came off easy. Left a deep shine but, it had some haze to it that I had to really work to remove. Once I had to use serious elbow grease to remove the product, I had seemingly removed much of it from the surface. Mind you, the surface was prepped just like I would've prepped with any product...

So, my assessment is, on a scale of 1-10, 6.5. Mother's, among others, seemed to be a better product IMO... I'm sure there are worse products though! LOL!

RP

Old 07-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by FordTruckMan82
Has anyone tried out the Turtle Wax Platinum series? I saw that they are going after Meguiars and Mothers with their tv commercials.

There guy says something to the effect of, "I've tried Mothers and Meguiars but have never gotten a shine like I get from Turtle Wax Platinum." The cars they show in the commercial are alright, nothing like what you see from Meguiars or Mothers.

- Chris
I like their detail spray. Can't think of the name of it of the top . .

Old 07-06-2005, 07:24 PM
I just used this or the first time. I always have used Zaino Or Meguiars but felt that they dont last long enough and bead enough after a couple rain storms or washes..... My buddy suggested that he likes the new turtle wax so I gave it a shot. I put it on with my porter cable da buffer and took it off by hand. Went on super easy and came off even easier!!! with zero effort and zero white powder..... Have only had one rain storm so far an its beading great.... we will see over time. Shine was great and my truck is a dark color.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Are you sure that you are properly applying your wax? I have never had a problem with Meguiars beading up after several washes and rains between waxes. I have gone for over 3 months without waxing after using NXT and I still do not have beading problems.

- Chris

Old 07-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Same here. Five coats of Zaino and it more than beads up after six months. Either you are not applying it right or your area has "special" rain.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Platinum