Rust!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rust!!!!

Last week my 1994 F-150 showed the start of rust around the rear wheel wells for the first time
The truck when I bought it 2/2004 was in immaculate condition with only 52,000 miles. It also had always had an electronic anti- rust device. I bought an anti-rust device for the truck at a cost of $700.00 at time of truck purchase. I thought this was supposed to prevent rust. I have 3 3/4 years left to pay on my truck loan. It will look awful by then I am sure. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do low cost to stop this? Does anyone know about these anti-rust electronic devices? I use the truck for my business too and do not want to be driving and ugly rusty truck in the near future!!
First Mule

Old 07-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about those anti-rust devices at all. Never actually heard of them.

Places like AutoZone or Pepboy's should have a rust inhibitor spray. I believe 3m makes some. When I got my 86 mustang I bought some and put a nice coating on all the rust spots. It sprays on clear and dries clear but whever it touches rust it turns Black. Worth the money just to watch that happen ;-)

Old 07-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by First Mule
It also had always had an electronic anti- rust device. I bought an anti-rust device for the truck at a cost of $700.00 at time of truck purchase. I thought this was supposed to prevent rust.
Your kidding

That would work if you had a boat....stops galvanic corrosion. On the truck it would do NOTHING! Road salt, dirt, rock chips+ moisture=RUST.

Where is the rust exactly...inside of wheel well, outside? Is it starting to perforate or is it just surface rust? Surface rust can be sanded off, primered and painted.

Quick Reply: Rust!!!!