Quick Poll! Best Cleaning Products:

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
100% of the time FOAM with the PC... The PC is simply not meant to utilize anything else for application. They do, however, make some nice microfiber bonnets that can be used with a PC to remove products... On occasion I'll go with wool on the rotary (a different type of machine) to really cut some problem vehicles (along with a compound or other abrasive polish).

Best polishing pads... well, that's an opinion and there are several good products in this realm. Lake County makes a great pad. Meguiar's makes good pads. There are others too...

I don't know much about the Lake pads but, I know that they're well respected within the detailing community. I use Meguiar's pads which are equally respected... I use them only because of the simplicity of use and that I know their product...

RP

Old 07-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockPick
That's the thing... If I wanted to bog my PC down, I can... pretty easily in fact. That's one of the things that makes it a safer machine in my opinion (ie: burning paint). I'm not sure I could skortch a painted surface if I wanted to with the PC (even with a dry cutting pad) and, in my book, that's just fine. I have a rotary buffer (Makita) if I decide that I really need to go after a finish to remove blemishes and such (and can DEFINITELY cause smoke on a finish with that machine... LOL!)(god, I loved that tester hood from the junk yard...hahaha!).

I'm sure the DeWalt is a fine machine... I just think that, for the average, everyday, shade-tree warrior, you might want to use something that is a bit more user friendly and forgiving under normal situations... The PC is DEFINITELY forgiving pending you use it with some degree of common sense. The Dewalt might be equally as forgiving but, based on Intel's description (which, by the way, Intel has been detailing, like many of us, for several years), it might be better to go with the PC...

RP
I'd have to say the DeWalt is not even close to being capable of burning through paint. I just like it because if I find a scratch and I don't want to pull out the rotary, then I can safely work the area and apply pressure to the paint for more friction. It still takes a decent amount of time working the spot to build up any heat and I believe it's just as safe as a PC.

The DeWalt DW443 is 4.3 amps and 6800 max opm while the PC is 3.7 amps and 6000 max opms. Not a big difference.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Intel486
I haven't been able to get mine to bog down under extreme pressure at all.
I was simply basing my opinion on that statement... I can DEFINITELY bog down a PC with ease. Not trying to contest your statement... just going on your experience with that machine and mine with the PC...

Certainly though, both are excellent machines!

Last edited by Rockpick; 07-19-2005 at 11:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Quick Poll! Best Cleaning Products: