Meguiars Heck Yeah!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meguiars Heck Yeah!!

Before joining this site ive been one to use the cheap stuff at Wal Mart(Armour All) and so on. When i bought my 04' i decided to take care of it. With the advice of everyone on this site i decided get the Meguiars collection. I spent about 100 bucks and got PLENTY. I washed, polish, paint cleaned, and waxed my truck. It looks absolutely brand new. Better than brand new. The paint is so soft and feels very smooth. I did this about 3 weeks ago and washed my truck today. Barely had to give any pressure to get this baby clean. If you have not tried Meguiars or any other "good" product i recommend doing it. It makes you appreciate your truck so much more. Just giving Meguiars or you other clean freaks ag big . Im a new member to clean freak club.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguairs rocks, I use all there products!

Old 07-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Awesome to hear your results, nothing like making a truck/car look better then when you first bought it. Have any pictures?

- Chris

Old 07-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear that it worked out well for you. Meguiar's has a pretty nice array of products that are, for the most part, pretty good but, like you mentioned, there are other 'good' products out there too.

Once you find something you like, stick with it and use it often. When you get the opportunity though, reach out on a limb and try another product or two... I think you'll often find that there are products out there that are WELL worth their weight in gold that come from smaller 'brand names' as well...

RP

Old 07-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys. I will try and figure out this picture thing. I have a camera phone so my pics wont be that great but am contemplating a digital camera but in college and have a nice truck payment Anyways i will see what i can do.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Here you go. Picture quality isnt all that great. Dont mind the bright orange bucket.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=5912

Old 07-28-2005, 11:04 PM
I always kept my vehicles clean, but after joining this site I switched to mostly meguiars products and picked up some good info.

It an obsession to keep my vehicles perfect now.

Trending Topics

Old 07-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Beauty. I've always loved that deep red/maroon. Looks just great on a classic old mustang, even better on the new stuff. Have fun.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Red face Meguiars products.

I think it's important to invest some money in superior products to keep our trucks looking good. In the event you want to sell your truck, you can probably get top dollar.Anyway, that paint job will look good for years if you take care of it right.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
chrisrud15:

Damn -- you need to post some more pictures of that truck! I love the standard cab/short box configuration (got one myself!) but have never seen it in a two-tone like that with the Dark Torreador Red and Silver.

Sweet combination -- especially with the aluminum rims!

Old 07-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Meg's is THE best

I will always be a Meg's fan from here on out - one day during the summer when I was a college student and had nothing to do, I wanted to spend the day outside since it was a gorgeous day. I went down and got all 3 "steps" of the Meg's 3 step wax and spent the whole day waxing my truck - WOW - it made an INCREDIBLE difference and it was only a year old. I had people shouting at me at stoplights asking me how I was able to get that kind of shine. Just about a month ago, I paid someone 99.99 at an auto car wash for a 3-step wax and it just didn't compare to the shine I got with the Meg's stuff.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
That truck looks fantastic

- Chris

Old 07-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i just did my 2 week old 05 King ranch with meguiars NXT. what a shine. i didnt take any pictures, just take my word for it. best and easiest wax i ever used.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Once you find something you like, stick with it and use it often. When you get the opportunity though, reach out on a limb and try another product or two...
Me and my friend tried the NTX wax out of curiosity after reading about it here on these forums (On his car - It was the test pig for my Lightning, lol) along with a few others waxes (we where doing half the hood with one wax and the other half with another to test shine and water beading back-to-back with different waxes) and both of us have decided to stick with Liquid Glass, heh. (been using Liquid Glass for five years now) It's wierd... no matter what I try, I always end up back using Liquid Glass, lol. It doesn't have the "deepest" depth shine out there, but it's extremely "shiny/metallic" like adding extra clear coats to your paint. I dunno what it is about it I like so much (the smell? hehe ), it just seems "overall" it always comes out on top for me (It's not the best at one single thing but overall looking at every aspect it seems like a real strong product across the board).

We have a bunch of funny little tests we do. We don't only care about the shine, but other little things like how water beads, how long it lasts, does it leave a residue that you have to re-buff over again, do dirt and bugs stick to it easy or does it repell bugs/grime/dust good, is it good enough you don't have to use your wipers when driving in a rain storm (if you do your windows with it) etc.. etc..

Liquid Glass would be thee "perfect" product (for me) if they could make it fill swirls/light scratches/spiders etc. and have a slightly "deeper depth" to the finish to go along with it's kickass "metallic shininess". (I'm too lazy to do a seperate swirl removing step, lol, mabye I'll start doing it once a year though)

Last edited by emig5m; 07-31-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 PM
I also am a big fan of Meguiars NXT wax. A friend here at work told me about it. He'd been using some expensive multi-step process that took about a whole day or so to do and he told me the NXT did the same thing is less than 1 or 2 hours. I've had several people ask me how I got my truck so shiny and I told them with just waxing it with the Meguiars stuff.

Quick Reply: Meguiars Heck Yeah!!