anyone tried turtle wax platinum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like you're on it man. Klasse is a very well respected product in the detailing world. I think you'll be a-o-k...

Like I mentioned... before and after pics...

Old 01-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckMan82
Synwax is a new wax by Mothers in their FX line of products. I used it on my truck, it came out absolutly beautiful. It really made my "white" truck have some color depth to it. If I had to decide on what wax to use it would be determined by the color of the vehicle I was waxing.

Dark colors: NXT
Light colors: Synwax

- Chris
I have noticed the same thing. Mothers works better on my white F150 than NXT, but NXT works better on my wife's Honda accord which is a darkstone color.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Joe_STX
I have noticed the same thing. Mothers works better on my white F150 than NXT, but NXT works better on my wife's Honda accord which is a darkstone color.
Yep, there is only a slight difference between these two products in appearance, and each person will view that difference in a different way... some folks will like one a bit better than the other.

Personally, I like Synwax on both light and dark colors, and find Synwax to be a tad more durable, and "ridiculously" easy to apply and remove!

In addition, I have become a big fan of the FX Spray Wax, and use it to maintain the Synwax. In the past, I have not been big fan of "Spray Waxes". However, the new FX Spray Wax is another extremely easy product to use... almost like using a QD. I now use it as I am drying the vehicle to enhance the shine and add some protection.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I had a truck for about a year and I traded it in but neways probably in the first month i used Turtle Wax ( I dont know if ti was platnium or not, but the platinum should be even better if it wasnt, and I have only used the platnium on my truck twice now) and It went on nice. It spreads out pretty good, and sets up quick. It is kind of hard to remove but once you do WOW. It gives a shine, maybe not like a NXT type of deep shine but it does shine. Thats not the best part. It rained the next week, and WOW did that water bead up and just move right on down the truck! And it did that for the rest of the time i owned that truck. ALmost a year itr shined and beaded the water, that was with 2 coats. All I have to say is that turtle Wax puts a very very hard barrier on! On my new truck I use 1 coat of zymol, 1 coat of turtle wax platinum, and then 2 coats of NXT. And it shines!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did I hear you right... you **LIKE** a Spray Wax?

I have NEVER found one that even remotely appealed to me (in fact, I ended up giving them away to the neighbors) but, now you have me curious about the FX...

-RP-

Old 01-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Did I hear you right... you **LIKE** a Spray Wax?

-RP-
Yep, you heard correctly. I "really" like some of the new spray sealants. Like you RP, I wasn't fond of the spray waxes that pretty much required that you spray them on the paint, spread them around, let them haze up, and then wipe them off. Or, spray them on, spread them, and then buff like crazy to remove them.

However, some of the new spray sealants are a different story. It started with Zaino Z8 spray sealant. Then I tried FX Spray Wax (a spray sealant). Next I tried Optimum Spray Wax (a polymer/carnauba blend). I haven't tried the new 4 Star Spray Sealant yet, but I've heard good things about it.

They all apply and remove nearly like a regular QD... mist on, spread evenly, wipe off excess. It takes just a tad extra to spread them (they are a little thicker) and a tad extra to wipe them off. It probably takes me a minute or two longer to apply and remove them when compared to a regular QD, and nowhere near what the old "spray waxes" use to take.

Of the ones I mentioned, the Optimum is probably the most durable... 4 to 6 weeks. It also looks excellent over an existing carnauba.

Even my new favorite QD (FK #425) has some polymers in it for protection, and applies just a bit different than a normal QD and adds "extreme" gloss, slickness, and anit-static properties.

Anyhow, rather than add a final detailer that just adds some "POP", I like the fact that I'm adding some protection to boot... as long as adding that protection is easy as QD'ing!

Quick Reply: anyone tried turtle wax platinum?