anyone tried turtle wax platinum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone tried turtle wax platinum?

anyone tried the new turtle was platinum wax...just wondering how good it is....i am looking for a good wax for my truck.....thanks

Old 08-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've tried it... it's okay.

In my opinion, there are several other readily available waxes/synthetics that are much better.

A couple to consider:

Mothers SYNWAX (FX Series)
Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

I haven't tried the Synwax but, it gets GREAT reviews. NXT is definitely a product that, in my opinion, is better than the Platinum TW.

Boss_429 has compared Synwax as having a slight edge of NXT I believe... So, of the three, the Synwax might be the best of the three...

Only one way to find out if you like it...

RP

Old 08-02-2005, 09:26 PM
synwax?....what is that...that is a new one on me...im not real current on my waxes...please explain more....

thanks

Old 08-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Synwax is a new wax by Mothers in their FX line of products. I used it on my truck, it came out absolutly beautiful. It really made my "white" truck have some color depth to it. If I had to decide on what wax to use it would be determined by the color of the vehicle I was waxing.

Dark colors: NXT
Light colors: Synwax

- Chris

Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 PM
my fx4 is silver over the dark shadow

Old 08-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Moderator &

Give the Mother's SynWax a go... I think you'll like it.

In my opinon... NXT is good stuff but, it tends to give a glassy look to some colors. I've seen it on silver and, while it looks good, it might have too much of a suran wrap look.... all an opinon though.

RP

Old 08-03-2005, 12:28 AM
If I was you I'd go with the Mothers Synwax. If you do not like it, then pick up a bottle of NXT the next time you wax.

Personally, I have two bottles of NXT (one liquid one paste) and one bottle of the Synwax. I like to rotate between them to play around. To be honest with you, with only using an applicator pad side by side I beleive that the two waxes look almost identical. I think you might start to see a difference if you used a PC.

- Chris

Old 08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
whats is better to use the paste or the liquid

Old 08-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by BamaScrew
whats is better to use the paste or the liquid
If it's like just about every other product on the market that comes in paste or liquid form, the choice is yours.

Depends on what type of product you prefer to work with... for me, I prefer a liquid but, many folks swear by paste.

The choice is yours.

RP

Old 08-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Like RockPick, I also prefer the liquid form, I find it much easier to work with. By the way, Synwax only comes in a liquid form.

- Chris

Old 08-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Mothers

Here is the Mothers website for those who are interested.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I've tried it... it's okay.

In my opinion, there are several other readily available waxes/synthetics that are much better.

A couple to consider:

Mothers SYNWAX (FX Series)
Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

I haven't tried the Synwax but, it gets GREAT reviews. NXT is definitely a product that, in my opinion, is better than the Platinum TW.

Boss_429 has compared Synwax as having a slight edge of NXT I believe... So, of the three, the Synwax might be the best of the three...

Only one way to find out if you like it...

RP

Rock,

Mother's Synwax is fan-friggin-tastic stuff. Goes on and off effortlessly, even in the Florida humidity and it gives off a long-lasting shine that I've been hunting for, for quite a while. Another BIG plus is, if you get some on your black trim, it easily comes off with a wet terry cloth towel as long as you dont let it dry for days .... at least it does for me.

P

Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 PM
After hours of investigation, I have decided to try Klasse all in one, followed by Klasse high gloss glaze sealant, then on top of that synthetic stuff, a carnauba wax like Meguiars, or Mothers. From what I hear, its what they put on show cars. Yes Virginia, I will be waxing all day. If it looks good, I will try posting some pics.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Moderator &

I hear it over and over Pete... I've read very little negative on it. Looks like I'll snare a bottle on my next trip to Pepreeeka Boys to snag Meg's Water Magnet Drying Towels.

RJETT...

You may be getting into diminishing returns with that many layers. Additionally, make sure you let the glaze set up well before going to anything else (I'd recommend SEVERAL hours of 'sit' time before moving forward).

I love a carnauba topper and, personally, find it nearly impossible to beat from a 'looks' standpoint on a vehicle (especially on Dark Colors)... I'm just not sure you're going to get much of it to set up on top of that sealant... plus, I know a lot of folks that are VERY happy with the Klasse twins alone.

Either way you go, let us know. Do some before and after pics. I'd be interested in seeing it.

RP

Old 08-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, if it doesn't work, the wife will rip me a new one for spending $80 on wax, applicators and buffing towels.

The truck is only a month old, so it looks pretty good as is, but there is always room for improvement. The articles I read pretty much all said the same thing you did, to let the synthetic stuff set up for at least 12 hours. The all in one goes on as thick as you want, but keep the gloss thin. My main reason for wanting it on the truck is durability. I hear that the synthetic stuff can last up to six months. Where the carnauba can be gone in a month or two. Since my truck sits outside, (garage is too small), I want all the protection I can get.

If you have any suggestions RP, I am all ears. I want this truck to last a loooong time.

I plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of thread hijack. :o

Quick Reply: anyone tried turtle wax platinum?