What do ya'll use

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do ya'll use

on the black between the windows on a Scab, and the rubber trim around the windows? Giving my family plan Lariat it's first going over. With a build date in October, it really needs one.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mother's Back to Black works great for me.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:25 PM
i absolutely hate the mothers back to black stuff. 1st time it got wet, wasnt even rain, just morning condensation,and it was all streaky and running down my black paint and i wiped it off really good to make sure there was no excess and it still bled right down once it got wet

most products will do that though, the back to black seemed to do it more easily than others though. my soultion to the problem....just smooth and paint all the plastic on the truck the few little pieces that i havent gotten done yet when i do apply some dressing to them, its vinylex.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:20 PM
I wasn't sure if it was painted metal or plastic. If it's plastic, looks like 303 would work.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Harley#356
i absolutely hate the mothers back to black stuff. 1st time it got wet, wasnt even rain, just morning condensation,and it was all streaky and running down my black paint and i wiped it off really good to make sure there was no excess and it still bled right down once it got wet

I've used Mother's "Back-to-Black" for years and have never had a problem with it leaching onto other surfaces (?).

Old 08-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
I've used Mother's "Back-to-Black" for years and have never had a problem with it leaching onto other surfaces (?).

I have to concur with Josh (Harley#356). I found the product to be an absolute mess. Maybe I just applied too thick or the product was over dosed with black dye. *shrugs*

I threw mine away... wasn't even worthy of giving it to the neighbor (which is where a lot of the 'crap' products seem to migrate HA!)

RP

Old 08-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Although I don't use any other turtle wax products, I use the turtle wax tire "wax". It's really thick and doesn't run or spin off tires and holds up good to weather. It's now my permanent tire/plastic bumper guard/mirror pieces/plastic flare side steps/etc.. goods... I won't be switching from this product anytime soon. Very solid product.

Old 08-09-2005, 08:26 PM
black

Try Stoner Products "trim shine". It sprays on and does an awesome job.