Tried some new NXT products

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried some new NXT products

I just cleaned my truck this morning and tried NXT glass cleaner and the Insane Tire shine. Both worked great. I had used the Megs tire stuff in a black can before and swore by it, so I thought I'd try the new stuff. Both seem to work well so I'll have to see how the new shine holds up.

As far as the glass cleaner, best I've ever used! Paired it with some microfiber towels and I'm sold. This stuff is all I'll ever use for windows from now on I think! Love the rubberized trigger on the glass cleaner!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:50 PM
I like the glass cleaner also. I have not used the Insane tire shine yet so I am interested on how long the shine will last.

Kevin

Old 08-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool deal! Might have to try some of that glass cleaner out! always find Microfiber makes everything better

Neva been a fan of aerosol tire dressings though but use what works for you and keep using it!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's another huge thumbs up for the Glass Cleaner. I think it actually has an edge over my former favorite, Stoners IG.

As for the Insane Shine... I'm going to avoid it because of the Hexane content. Hexane is a known carcinogen and I get enough 'doses' of nasty stuff in my line of work... plus, like Intel, I've just never been a huge fan of aeresol dressing.

RP

Old 08-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The glass cleaner is good stuff.

The tire shine causes to much over spray for me.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:59 AM
I tried the Insane Shine once, I found that it caused more sling than either the Stoner's More Shine Less Time or the Meguiars Endurance.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:50 PM
I uses the NXT wax on my truck, and works great, I also just got the NXT spray wax and put it on this week, also works great.

Trending Topics

Old 08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
RP

What are some good tire dressings that dont come in an aeresol can? I've always used the black magic tire dressing but just switched to the NXT insane shine. Is there some better ones that dont come in the aeresol can?

Old 08-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I might try the glass cleaner but my favorite tire shine is Turtle Wax's tire "wax". Something about the spray stuff just looks too thin/phony to me compared to the tire wax and the tire wax doesn't sling off. Turtle Wax won me over with a great tire shine product, I won't change.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by 05STX
RP

What are some good tire dressings that dont come in an aeresol can? I've always used the black magic tire dressing but just switched to the NXT insane shine. Is there some better ones that dont come in the aeresol can?
I find if you wipe down the tires well with a clean dry rag you wont get any sling off. Although try the Turtle Wax tire wax.... guaranteed you won't ever try anything else. (BTW, I swear by and use other Meguairs products like Gold Class car soap)

Old 08-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
I find if you wipe down the tires well with a clean dry rag you wont get any sling off. Although try the Turtle Wax tire wax.... guaranteed you won't ever try anything else. (BTW, I swear by and use other Meguairs products like Gold Class car soap)
So the first rain you drive through doesn't sling the turtle wax off? I'll have to give it a shot.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:49 PM
So the first rain you drive through doesn't sling the turtle wax off? I'll have to give it a shot.
Nope, it's very thick after it dries a few minutes. I have a 3700 psi Troy Bilt pressure washer and I'll cut through a tire before it will remove the tire wax. Plus, it looks tons better then a spray can tire shine. My friend gave it to me because I was too stuborn to try it myself (I honestly didn't believe him on how good it was, heh). He said he got it at Napa Autoparts. It also works great on the plastic trim and plastic bumber covers. It has lasted on my bumbers and plastic trim through three washes so far! And that's even with some light scrubbing! Although I do apply a fresh coat to the tires every wash.

Old 08-13-2005, 05:22 PM
I'll definately give it a try then.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
RP

Another one that you might give a whirl is Endurance Tire Gel. Apply it with an Eagle One Tire Swipe... blot off the excess with a shop rag.

Another great one is Meguiar's Hyper Dressing (only available by the gallon and is to be diluted). I love it but, then again, I go through a lot of dressing.

Top notch every time...

Old 08-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Cool, thanks man. I'll look in to those too.

Quick Reply: Tried some new NXT products