Mr. Clean auto dry is the best!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes mine is blue and it has one cartridge but two filters indise the cartridge. I just like watching it dry,the water just falls right off it its awesome, I tried drying it with the absorber, I would just rather not have to dry it at all you know? Do you know how much the filters are?

Old 08-15-2005, 09:20 PM
It's great to see the comments on Mr. Clean Auto Dry!! My brother in law works for Old World Industries in Chicago, which makes the Auto Dry, as well as Peak antifreeze, Split fire spark plugs, etc.

Being a gearhead, I'm one of his R&D evaluators. I got a sample of Mr Clean several years ago and have to admit I was skeptical. I'm now a true believer!!

The new "Pro series" only has one difference; an additional rinse setting which provides a jet stream, good for wheels and such. The spot free final rinse is the same. The indicator on the filter which is supposed to turn brown when its time to replace is hard to read. I have a sharpie marker handy and just put a hash mark on the filter each time I use it. I find 8 uses is about max.

Some people dont read the directions which are critical for good performance. Large vehicles like F 150's on HOT sunny days are the biggest challenge. The initial rinse begins to dry before the spot free rinse is applied. The spot free rinse has weak pressure so you have to be patient, working top to bottom. It still takes half the time of a typical wash and dry job.

By the way its also awesome on my Harley, which has lots of chrome which is hard to access!!!!

Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Suspended
When its real hot out, which we have a lot of those days here in The Sunshine State. I'll do each section seperatly, front end, each side, and the rear. After I finish washing and rinishing each section, I'll use the Auto Dry mist. When Im totally finished washing the truck I'll run over the truck real quick with the Auto Dry a secound time and it'll come out perfect every time. One of the things I LOVE about the Mr Clean Auto Dry is the way your windows and mirrors will come out! I can't stand looking out of my windows only to see water spotted mirrors.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
I bought one about 8-9 months ago, I gave it three tries and I didnt like it the first time and didn't like it the third time. I'll stick to the absorber, a little more work never hurt anybody.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by transfercase
I've used the absorber before and it doesn't compare to the big blue towels. These hold a ton of water. Best finish to a good care wash.

http://www.properautocare.com/bigbludryint.html
"Waffle" weave microfiber's such as this have been getting rave reviews with the folks over at Detail City. I currently use The Absorber (which is awesome), but am switching to the MF drying method.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:48 AM
I read that if you spreay your wheels with the "spot free" rinse water that no brake dust will stick to them.

Sounds to good to be true.

Can anyone confirm or Bust this legend?

Old 08-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by dlewis1340
I read that if you spreay your wheels with the "spot free" rinse water that no brake dust will stick to them.

Sounds to good to be true.

Can anyone confirm or Bust this legend?
I heard this also, so I tried it. No joy. Within days brake dust was gathering. After a week brake dust accumulated just like normal and took the same washing effort to remove.

Best solution to brake dust is Porterfield brake pads.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:11 AM
I heard from users that it strips wax, did a search, found this thread; http://www.hotbimmer.net/forum/showt...7&page=1&pp=25

They discuss it in great detail.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asinatra
Once you get a leaf blower you'll never go back.
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Preferably a back-pack blower.
Thats true, I have one and it works great for spot free drying.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by postban
I heard from users that it strips wax, did a search, found this thread; http://www.hotbimmer.net/forum/showt...7&page=1&pp=25

They discuss it in great detail.
The machine doesn't strip wax but the soap that they use, correct?

I use Mequiars car wash soap in mine.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Thumper, does the Meguiers soap work as good as the Mr. clean soap?

Old 08-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Suspended
I think it works better but when you wash with the Mr Clean Auto Dry, you still use a mitten right?

Old 08-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to GENERAL CARE AND DETAILING... (hey look mom, we have a detailing forum!!)

RP

Old 08-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Took you long enough RP.

Originally Posted by DRHRSH
Some people dont read the directions which are critical for good performance. Large vehicles like F 150's on HOT sunny days are the biggest challenge.
And it doesnt matter what you rinse with...please people stop trying to wash your car in the direct sun, it will NEVER work out good, well unless you do what Thumper does. For me, theres nothing like waking up early when it's nice and cool, or better yet in the afternoon before dinner w/ some brews.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
I use a chanell sponge and the Mr. clean gun. I was wondering if the meguiers soap in the Mr. clean gun works better.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean auto dry is the best!