NXT speed Detailer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT speed Detailer?

Anybody use this stuff yet? I just picked some up and was looking for some tips for using it. I washed my truck today but it's supposed to rain tomorrow morning. Is it safe for me to use the speed detailer to get rid of the water spots after the rain? I've never used a quick detailer before. Thanks guys.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Used it and really don't like it at all... In my honest opinion, it's not one of Meguiar's better products.

To use any QD product, mist it on and wipe it off using a very nice microfiber or similar. Simple as that.

This is not a replacement for washing but more of a maintenance step between washings. Use this product for light dust, fingerprints, and other very minor surfical problems like that...

-RP-

Old 08-16-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm not a real big fan of the quick detailer products. They don't really serve a major purpose for me. When my truck gets dirty it just flat out needs a bath.

I guess a QD product would serve best for someone in a detailing competition or a car dealship. Where they want to run up behind anyone viewing the car and clean up fingerprints.

- Chris

Old 08-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Moderator &

For me, QD products are used more frequently than all of the other chemicals in my aresonal. In fact, I have several gallons (more than 6 off the top of my head) that I use in varying situations on my paint.

They serve a huge purpose to me.

Poorboy's Spray and Wipe, 4-Star UGE, Meg's QD, Meg's Last Touch, Meg's Final Inspection, Heavy Metal Polish Detailer, Meg's Final Detail (on my last half-gallon )

Old 08-16-2005, 02:41 AM
I though Quick Detailer was used after washings in between waxings just to keep the wax "fresh?" That's what I've always used it for. But then again, it's the same amount of work just to wax every time you waxh, so I probably won't buy anymore. I've been using the same bottle for over a year!

Old 08-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Like RP, I'm not a fan of the NXT Quick Detailer. However, I am a fan of good quick detailers in general(not quick waxes). I use QD's as follows...

During my drying process after washing. (mixed with Spray & Wipe)
After washing and drying to add some "POP".
To remove morning dew on a clean paint surface.
To aid in the removal of some polish residue. (dusting)

I do not use any "standard" QD on a paint surface that has dust or dirt on it. Only Spray & Wipe touches my paint at those times... or I simply wash the vehicle.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I do not really like the NXT QD either. The one I love the most is Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer. It will really put a POP in your paint making it look glossy and wet.

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2005, 06:29 PM
thanks guys. I gave it a shot today, and I don't like it either. Not so much becuase of the results, but because of the bottle. everytime I sprayed it, a decent amount would leak out of the top of the bottle forming small puddles on my paint. Another bottle for the garbage I guess.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Had some light dust on my truck, actually I think it was more tree pollen then anything so I bought some NTX Speed Detailer to try out. At first it was looking amazing but then at a certain angle in the sun it was leaving some pretty hefty streaks so I just pulled out the hose and washed it, lol. In about the time it took to do the speed detail I could of just did a quick wash and dry so I will probably never use it again - just pull the hose and bucket out (my normal wash routine takes along time hooking up the pressure washer and stuff). I'll keep it around though incase we have a drought and we're not allowed to wash are cars It'll probably be of some use to take the dust off daily, lol.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Moderator &

Looks like the Speed Detailer product is batting 0 for 5, at least.

QD products, to me, are one of the best things since sliced bread for keeping up with a vehicle and keeping it looking good. There are products that are better than others but, it's honestly up to the individual to get out and try a few of them to see if he/she really likes them.

I think the consensus here is that Meguiar's Quik Detailer or Last Touch, 4-Star UGE, Poorboy's S&W, and a few others are atop the game. I have all of them (most by the gallon) and think that it's a critical step in keeping your vehicle looking it's best.

RP

Old 09-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow and every NTX product I've tried has been great too! That's why I picked up the NTX stuff. I actually put it back on the shelf the first time because of the price like I first did with the NTX glass cleaner (awesume stuff btw) but my curiosity told me to go back and get it to try it out and the fact I've made the switch to the NTX wax and glass cleaner after trying them. My main worry about using quick detailer is getting swirl marks quicker from the possibility of wiping on dirty paint.

What's the difference anyway between the Meguires Quick Detail and Meguires NTX Speed Detail anyway? Also, the same for Gold Class vs NTX car wash? (I'm using Gold Class now btw) I also picked up some NTX interior protectant but havn't tried it yet.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Another use for Meguiars QD

I don't like QD either as the label intends its use, however i think a better use of it would be for spraying paint to prep for using clay. Rockpick, Boss, do you agree?

Old 09-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by bob1
I don't like QD either as the label intends its use, however i think a better use of it would be for spraying paint to prep for using clay. Rockpick, Boss, do you agree?

I agree that it's perfect as a clay lubricant however, I categorically disagree with you on not using it for what it's intended...

Honestly, QDing is probably one of the single most important steps in keeping my KR nearly perfect. I buy the stuff by the gallon and have at least 4 or 5 varieties on the shelf as we speak (each gets used at different times).

The difference between NXT QD and Meg's QD is formulation. I don't know exactly the difference but, they are very different in outcome of use (at least from my experience). All in all, they're to be used for the same types of items... it's just that I think that one is 200X better than the other. Your results may vary...

RP

Old 09-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I agree, quick detailing between washes is paramount. As a result, my black supercrew is damn near perfect. I tried NXT QD, did not like it. I experienced some serious streaking issues. My preferences are regular Meguiars QD and Mothers, maybe Mothers slightly better.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:56 PM
exx
Gotta be very careful using these as just spraying something on your car then wiping is a good way to scratch it. I usually will always hit vehicle with a quick rinse to get dust and debris off so your not rubbing it in. Unless its just a small area bird crap or something Ill just use the stuff to quickly clean that off.

Quick Reply: NXT speed Detailer?