Hurricane Relief Effort from Meguiar's - Great Deals!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well just got an email from Aimee Ferrer meguiars stating
"I apologize but we are not shipping items to Canada or anywhere outside of the U.S."
Which is kinda weird especially since i just received an order from them a few months ago!

I guess that means No Canadians allowed to contribute!
Later Trev

Old 09-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that sucks man, did you order a lot? im sure an american wouldnt mind helpin you out an gettin the stuff delivered to a USA addy an then sending it to you

Old 09-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by DrPaul84
that sucks man, did you order a lot? im sure an american wouldnt mind helpin you out an gettin the stuff delivered to a USA addy an then sending it to you
Actually only ordered 6 things, most of the good stuff was gone by the time i saw the post!

I emailed Rick who is the person i ordered the polisher kit from to ask him what is going on, as that was a $300 order and they shipped it to me!
I guess i will have to wait till tomorrow to see what he tells me.

Thanks DrPaul84

Old 09-14-2005, 03:31 AM
That's strange, let us know what he says. My dad does a lot of ebay selling and usually only allows people in the US to order what he sells due to shipping costs. I imagine though, for a company like Meguiars they wouldn't have a problem paying the extra few dollars to ship it across the border. I guarentee they are not paying UPS $5 to ship each of these items. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining about the shipping cost. It's for a good cause.

- Chris

Old 09-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
$5 for shipping can't be beat folks. I assure you that nearly every box going out the door will be more than $5 to your doorstep. Beyond that, crossing the border does weigh in on price. Surely you all have shipped via UPS, USPS, or FedEx recently and have seen the prices associated with such a task. They're not getting free shipping as 'support' to the relief efforts.

Also, it should be noted that Rick doesn't have anything to do with this deal and that he's the owner of a separate company; autodetailingsolutions.com, not Meguiar's (who is doing this hurricane relief). Rick simply sells Meg's stuff as a retailer.

-RP-

Old 09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
$5 for shipping can't be beat folks. I assure you that nearly every box going out the door will be more than $5 to your doorstep. Beyond that, crossing the border does weigh in on price. Surely you all have shipped via UPS, USPS, or FedEx recently and have seen the prices associated with such a task. They're not getting free shipping as 'support' to the relief efforts.

Also, it should be noted that Rick doesn't have anything to do with this deal and that he's the owner of a separate company; autodetailingsolutions.com, not Meguiar's (who is doing this hurricane relief). Rick simply sells Meg's stuff as a retailer.

-RP-
Hello RP
Glad you cleared up the difference between the 2 companies. I thought they were related, especially when you look at their website, you would think it was the same company!

As for the shipping i am used to paying extra to ship things from the states, and that wasnt even a concern of mine. The problem with Meguires is they do not ship to Canada, which i find rather strange, especially when it comes to ebay items!

At least no one else on these forums from Canada will find out the hard way like i did!
Later Trev

Old 09-14-2005, 03:40 PM
someone must have really stocked up cause a lot of the stuff is now all sold out lol

Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 KRAZY KANUCK
The problem with Meguires is they do not ship to Canada, which i find rather strange, especially when it comes to ebay items!
Definitely a bummer on the shipping to Canada... They're probably shipping the items out of the same warehouse where they have their other products (outside of Nashville, TN) and thus, they are sticking with the same shipping schematics.... who knows? Still a bummer...

RP

Old 09-15-2005, 12:09 AM
They have added more products.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah I just picked up a bottle of MMPC to go along with my MPPP. I am hoping that they put on a thing of the "mild" clay so I can pick up that up. I've been sitting here debating the aggressive clay but do not think that I could find a situation where I would really need it. This time though, I'm waiting to pay for atleast 12 hours, that way if they add anything I only have to pay $1 to ship the next item.

Oh well, but I did find a little Meguiars hot wheels car to bid on on eBay.

- Chris

Old 09-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Did anyone else notice that they raised the prices on the Detaling Towels. I paid $26 for them last night and today they have them for $35. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this to. Maybe the realized they were loosing money on the towels?

Old 09-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Does anybody know if and when more products,will be added to the Sale?I hope they're going to offer some more of these Great deals,plus it helps the victims of the hurricane Katrina disaster too.Great job Meguiar's and thanks!

Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
I beleive I had read that they were not planning on adding any items this week. I'm not for sure so don't quote me on it

- Chris

Quick Reply: Hurricane Relief Effort from Meguiar's - Great Deals!