Get under those bug guards!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get under those bug guards!

I remember Rock saying once that the most common place that people skip when detailing are the wheel wells. You can tell when you go down the road, wheel wells everywhere look flat out awful. Now if you clean yours out, it makes your truck look so much cleaner and more professional.

On a similiar note I would like to add getting under those bug guards. I can just imagine how long some people guards have gone without being cleaned. I've only had my guard on for a year and it's been bugging me lately to check it out. So heres a picture (sorry for the quality) I just took of what it looks like after being on a year.

Well I washed the area using NXT car shampoo, got all of that icky green slime and all of the dirt off. Then I went and felt the area and it was just like sandpaper so I got out some clay and it came out smooth as glass. I moved onto using some ScratchX to get rid of as many of the fine scratches as possible. Finished up the area using my Meguiars NXT Paste. Heres the picture (again, sorry about the quality) when I was finished.

I'll defenitly be cleaning this area on my truck more regularly.

- Chris

Quick Reply: Get under those bug guards!