Question for Rock Pick or Others

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Rock Pick or Others

Guys,

Hope you can give me a bit of advice here. My wife has an '05 Toyota Camry and the dash is not the typical hard plastic or padded vinyl but feels more "rubbery" and has a grainy look similar to basketball leather. Just wondering if any of you have encountered this and can recommend a safe product to use. Thanks for any help you can provide

Old 10-16-2005, 10:13 AM
My wife's Acura TL has a similar type surface on her dash. I have used Aerospace 303 protectant with good results. Her dash seems to "dry out" if it is not applied every so often.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:43 AM
I know exactly the type material you are talking about. Pretty much all the protectants are safe to use on that surface, as most of the protectants are for vinyl and "rubber" with some UV protection.

The 303 is a good choice... as are others.

Old 10-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep... I agree. I've worked on a couple of Camry's (they're made down the road from me in Georgetown, KY). I was a bit confused by the dash material the first time I saw it too. It is unique versus many of the other cars of similar size and such.

Like Boss and hogfan mentioned, 303 is a good choice. Additionally, I've used Meguiar's #40 and Vinylex on them with good results as well.

Best of luck!

RP

Old 10-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks

Thanks guys, that helps alot, just didn't want to put something on there that may have required something other than typical products. As usual RP and the others come through. I don't post alot but read most everyday and the info gathered from here is invaluable. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Question for Rock Pick or Others