restore faded plastic. products?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
restore faded plastic. products?

well all the plastic on my L the bed rails, steps on the bed, and the plastic on top of the back bumper are all grey. any products out there than can restore that to look black again. thanks for any info.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:44 PM
I use mothers Back-To-Black on those pieces on my supercab. make them look good as new. i dunno if they will restore them back to origional cause mine havnt been that bad either. hope this helps

Old 10-20-2005, 10:13 PM
i took my plastics off and cleaned them then sprayed krylon fusion black spray paint, it came out great bc the paint is made 4 plastics

Old 10-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Wink Forever Black

There is aproduct called "Forever Black" which is a cleaner & reconditioner for all black plastic, vinyl & rubber. It actually permanently dyes all plastics with the same chemicals that the manufacturers use.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Cool everything and always

yeah those plastic pieces fade like anything but as with every part of the vehicle everything needs cleaning and attention i have always just amoralled them and plastics like my headlights, mirror covers, the plastic trim around the windows i use mothers plastic polish which works great

Old 10-27-2005, 05:33 PM
i think im going to try the forever black. i looked online and it reasonably cheap. im sure it says on the packaging but just wondering ahead of time until i find the product or get it online if u think i should take the plastic off to use it or just go for it with it on and a lil tape on the edges near paint. and if i take the plastic of how hard it that, what do u gotta do?

Old 10-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Forever Black

When I used it (not on my truck, but a friends car) I taped off the paint as per the instructions. It worked fine this way. I also redid a bumper from a MG for another freind. It was removed at the time and that worked fine as well. Either way, whichever you feel comfortable with. If you use the tape approach, remove the tape right after application. This way if you get any bleed through you can clean it off before it dries.

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I haven't had to use it yet on my '05 SCREW but I've used Back-to-Black alot on my old GTi and jettas. You may have to use a lot on the first application and then just redo it every few washes.

Quick Reply: restore faded plastic. products?