where to buy a pc

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to buy a pc

i wana get the porter cable 7424. where did u guys get urs and how much. also what pads should i get. i found this on ebay tell me if its a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porte...spagenameZWDVW

Old 11-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought mine from ADS: www.autodetailingsolutions.com

#4 kit has a bunch of the stuff you'll want/need. I'd recommend buying a Meguiars G100 over the Porter Cable branded polisher. They're the same thing, but you get a lifetime warranty with the Meguiars branded polisher.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah I got the #2 kit. Won't get shipped till Monday bc they're on back order though.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ADS is a great choice in my opinion. The PC that is featured is the Meguiar's labeled machine (it's the same thing as a 7424 -- exactly the same). The only difference is warranty; the Meg's machine is a LIFETIME warranty versus that of the regular Porter Cable 7424 which is 1 year I believe.

Also, with that in mind, the kits that are available at ADS typically feature just about everything that you could need... all in all, they're the best bang for the money in my opinion...Also, I should note that I have met the owner of ADS and he's a very good guy... in short, they're a reputable company.

RP

Old 11-05-2005, 04:20 PM
ok guys thanks for the responses. i am a zaino fan and was wondering if i can use the other swirl remover products(abrasive stuff) and what not before the polishes like z2 and z5. looks like i will spend a little more than planned might have to hold off ordering for a week or so

Old 11-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I also bought mine from ADS. I was very happy with the package and with Rick's excellant service.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
I ordered the #4 package from ADS and recieved it quickly. Very pleased with their service.

Trending Topics

Old 11-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by travman
ok guys thanks for the responses. i am a zaino fan and was wondering if i can use the other swirl remover products(abrasive stuff) and what not before the polishes like z2 and z5. looks like i will spend a little more than planned might have to hold off ordering for a week or so
travman,

Be careful what polishes you use underneath Z2/Z5 if you want to take advantage of the durability of the Z. Some polishes can leave behind a lot of oils/fillers/silicones... Etc., which can inhibit the bonding of Z2 or Z5.

The Zaino ZPC polish, and Menzerna FP II polish are two better ones to be used with Z.

To be safe, with any other polishes, I would wash the vehicle after polishing with a strong mix of Z7 before applying any Z2/Z5.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:30 AM
BOSS-does the z pc work well. i have it and used it once but my towel was apparently dirty after a wash and scratched my L up even more. so the meguiars products the the packages come with are pretty much useless then?

Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by travman
BOSS-does the z pc work well. i have it and used it once but my towel was apparently dirty after a wash and scratched my L up even more. so the meguiars products the the packages come with are pretty much useless then?
travman,

I have had great success with the ZPC with both a rotary, and an oribtal buffer. Hard to say what the issue was with your application/removal?

The Meguiar's products are not necessarily useless in your situation. After all, Meguiar's makes some fine products. It all depends on what products you have, and how you will use them in combination with the "Z".

What are the Meguiar's products you intend to use?

Old 11-06-2005, 10:02 AM
first off thank you boss for ur help. ok looking at package 3 it comes with fine cut cleaner and swirl remover, is that ok to use? looking at the packages considering i have all may zaino products do you think that package 3 is the better package to get if above is ok to use? thanks again for ur help

Old 11-06-2005, 01:19 PM
travman,

No problem... glad to help.

While I'm not one for most kits, the ones at ADS alll look pretty decent. Personally, I like kit #2, as it contains Speed Glaze (#80). However, with any of the products listed on that page, (Fine Cut, Speed Glaze, and SMR #9) you are going to need to do as I suggested before... wash with a slightly stronger mix of Z7 prior to applying your Z2/Z5.

Those Meguiar's products are fine products, but they do contain a lot of oils... you need to get those oils off before applying the Z. Now, if you were going to go with the NXT for you LSP, you could skip the wash. Of course, the NXT won't last as long as the Z, provided the surface is prepped properly.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:40 PM
ok i think i got a plan but go some more questions . if i get the first package since i already have the zaino zpc should i get another product to rid of swirls and what not like # 80 or #83 and if so which one. and then which pads should i get? sorry for all the questions and thanks again

Old 11-06-2005, 02:46 PM
No problems on the question either...

The #83 and #80 are a good one-two punch for light to moderate swirls. I also think you will find that the ZPC will work better for you with the PC. When used properly, the ZPC has a wide range of abrasiveness... moderate to extremely fine... good stuff!

You could use some #83 and a polishing pad to remove some moderate swirls, and follow that up with the ZPC on a polishing pad or even a finishing pad to finish everthing off nicely. Of course, you could always follow the #83 with #80, and use give it the recommended washing before the "Z".

Good luck.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
No problems on the question either...

The #83 and #80 are a good one-two punch for light to moderate swirls. I also think you will find that the ZPC will work better for you with the PC. When used properly, the ZPC has a wide range of abrasiveness... moderate to extremely fine... good stuff!

You could use some #83 and a polishing pad to remove some moderate swirls, and follow that up with the ZPC on a polishing pad or even a finishing pad to finish everthing off nicely. Of course, you could always follow the #83 with #80, and use give it the recommended washing before the "Z".

Good luck.
I'm going to be using #80 next weekend to polish our some swirls. I've heard the PC has different speed settings.

What setting would I use for #80?

What setting would I use for NXT wax?

What setting would I use for #26?

Thanks,

Duke

Quick Reply: where to buy a pc