Gold Class Vs. NXT Tech Wax

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gold Class Vs. NXT Tech Wax

What's better? Pros and Cons of both? I'm currently using NXT on my Sonic Blue L and have never tried the Gold Class before. Might the Gold Class look better for my Sonic Blue or should I stick with NXT?

Old 11-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Suspended
Stick with the NXT. Although there is probably very little difference in the two products since they are both fantastic waxes.... the NXT is the latest and greatest. I have found it tends to hold up and last longer than Gold Class.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gold Class is a PITA to buff off compared to NXT. Last year after I bought my 02 Lariat I went out and bought the Gold Class. After one use I bought the NXT. I still have the almost-full bottle of Gold Class on the shelf, waiting for somebody I can give it to. GC also is impossible to get off the plastic pieces parts. I still have stains on my bed caps from it. NXT doesn't stain the plastic as much.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by RockyJSquirrel
NXT doesn't stain the plastic as much.
Good point. I noticed that myself. I got it on my plastic trim and it just buffed off no problem. I'll probably just stick to NXT. Just thought that the Gold Class might be a higher end wax. What I don't understand is if the latest and greatest is superior, why not just discontinue some of the older products?

Ok now next question.... What's the better car soap? I'm currently using Gold Class car soap but like NXT wax, it the NXT car soap better then Gold Class?

Old 11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a real fair comparison from a durability standpoint but, you specifically said 'looks'.

So, with that in mind, I'll answer this from a 'looks' standpoint...

Gold Class will yield a deeper look whereas the NXT will be a bit more glossy with not as much depth.

Honestly, you might try both, side by side, on your hood... I think you'll see a definite difference between the two. I prefer deep and wet versus glossy and reflective and thus, I'd probably go with the carnauba based Gold Class (with only those two as an option -- there are better Carnauba waxes in my opinion).

Duability... which is something to consider this time of year... hands down, NXT.

RP

Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Actually, I think it's just I get tired of the same look/end result and just wanna switch it up (I was a die hard Liquid Glass user but just got bored of it and switched to NXT just because I got tired of the same look).

I thought NXT was alot deeper looking then Liquid Glass, not quite as durable or does it bead water as nice, but was still about as reflective as LG with a deeper look and smoother finish (end result, it 'looks' better). I still think Liquid Glass is alot more durable though and beads water better for longer and for a flat out reflective look it looks better.

Duability... which is something to consider this time of year... hands down, NXT.
Hmm... I'll probably forget trying Gold Class for this year then...Mabye I'll put a coat of LG for the winter. I wish you could find that Zaino stuff locally without having to order online. I read/heard that stuff is the most durable.

Here's a pic from last summer of Liquid Glass (I don't remember if I took the pic directly after applying LG or it was a wash or two into a fresh coat)

Old 11-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by RockyJSquirrel
I still have the almost-full bottle of Gold Class on the shelf, waiting for somebody I can give it to.
Need my address? I'd much rather use the Gold Class-NXT just didn't impress me (but what do I know, I'm still mad I can't buy GM Blue anymore...)

Quick Reply: Gold Class Vs. NXT Tech Wax