How durable is MPPP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How durable is MPPP?

I just gave my truck a really good cleaning this afternoon.

Washed with Gold Class Shampoo
Used MPPC with a W8006 pad
Worked in some #7 on another W8006 pad
Finished off with coat of MPPP on a W9006 pad

By the time I finished it was dark outside so I don't have any pictures yet but those will come tomorrow. I am curious though, how durable is MPPP? The air quality in my area isn't the best, my truck is always outside and we are starting to get atleast one good snow a year now. I'm just concerned about it holding up, was curious if I should top her off with anything? Maybe add another coat of MPPP or #26?

- Chris

Old 11-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As is true with nearly every product, I'd recommend two coats. As has been discussed in great detail, you're simply accomplishing a 'uniform coverage' across the vehicle. You're not going to get much 'layering' with a product that contains cleaners like MPPP.

Your option on putting #26 on it as a topper isn't a bad idea at all and will add a layer of durability... This will 'deepen' the look and cannot hurt your cause IMO.

MPPP, by itself, is actually one of Meg's more durable products in my opinion. I really like the Medallion paint line... too bad it was snubbed.

RP

Old 11-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks RP, I figured that I should put on another coat. I would have but it was already so dark outside that it was a pain just to do the first coat once I got to the waxing. The entire turn back the clock thing is killing me.

My next day off is Thursday, so I'll probably top it with #26 on Thursday. Going to have to put it on by hand, didn't order enough of those W9006 pads

- Chris

Old 11-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey RP, I topped her this morning with #26. All I can say it wow, it really made her pop, going to try to take pictures tomorrow. Been so busy between work and what not, havn't had a chance to get out a camera.]

- Chris

Old 11-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Moderator &

I really like MPPP... in fact, it's one of my stand-by products like Poorboy's Spray and Wipe, Meg's #16, and Final Detail (god I miss this stuff).

RP

Old 11-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
and Final Detail (god I miss this stuff).

RP
I still have a gallon and a half locked up in my safe!

I wouldn't sell it for twice the price I bought it for!

Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by Boss_429
I still have a gallon and a half locked up in my safe!

I wouldn't sell it for twice the price I bought it for!
I'll trade you a gallon of Citri-Gel for it. I actually think I'm going to sell that gallon... I know it is/was a popular product among enthusaists but, I just don't use enough of it to justify a gallon sitting in limbo... I still have another 3/4 gallon in the lineup. I probably won't get through it for 2+ years!

Now, if I can make this last 1/4 gallon of FD last... I wonder how much I can dilute it out? HAHAHA!

-RP-

Trending Topics

Old 11-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Moderator &

I'll take that as a now Boss? LOL!

Old 11-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I'll take that as a now Boss? LOL!
RP,

I think of you as the kind and wonderful brother I never had... but parting with my FD... I don't think so! Besides, I only have about 3 gallons of Citri-Gel left on my shelf! Plus nearly a full gallon of Engine Kote!

I do have some other products that may be coming your way someday. I'm trying to "clean house" a little bit... too much stuff.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Moderator &

LMAO! Our stocks sound very similar!

I have about 80% of a gallon of Engine Kote left... two gallons of Citri-Gel and a 1/3 (close) of FD left as well!! HAHA!

If you're looking to unload some stuff, let me know. I'm always game to tinker with products.

RP

Quick Reply: How durable is MPPP?