Break Dust

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Break Dust

Is there any sort of polish or anything that will help control the brake dust on an 05 F150. I also have a couple of small spots where it has metallicized (not sure if that is the right word). Is there a good way to remove this? Someone has suggested Flitz to me before. Any suggestions?

Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I've never tried Flitz. You might try some cleaner wax like Meguiars. On another note, I've seen something called Kleen-Wheels in a Stylin' Concepts catalog. I think I've seen them at JC Whitney too. It's a plate that goes behind your wheel to block brake dust. They're black so you won't be able to really notice it's on there. I can't remember the price, but they're not that expensive.

Here's a link from Stylin' Concepts.
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....els/BrandID/71

You can request a free catalog on that website. I get one every month.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
My local Discount Tire location sells a product from Michelin that is designed to repel brake dust on custom rims and tires. I have not used it, so I cannot attest to its performance. However, the guys at Discount Tire claim it works well (?).

Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Ceramics!

Old 11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
My local Discount Tire location sells a product from Michelin that is designed to repel brake dust on custom rims and tires. I have not used it, so I cannot attest to its performance. However, the guys at Discount Tire claim it works well (?).
I am pretty sure that it was Car and Driver that used the stuff you are talking about on one of their long term drivers, under the Babbles and Bolt On's section. Their conclusion was that it didn't work.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MHMCGILL
I am pretty sure that it was Car and Driver that used the stuff you are talking about on one of their long term drivers, under the Babbles and Bolt On's section. Their conclusion was that it didn't work.
I didn't think it would work either, so that's why I never bought any. I just get down once a week and clean 'em up the good old fashioned way!

Quick Reply: Break Dust