tiny rust spots on chrome bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tiny rust spots on chrome bumper

Does anyone have any advise on how to stop or mask a few small rust spots on my bumper? right at the curve of where the trailer hitch contours from horizontal to vertical on the rear bumper, there are some small rusting areas. I didnt know if there was anything on the market to stop rust on that chrome (or chrome plating) to where I could just repair rather than replace.
Thanks for any help.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I would recommend a product called Never-Dull. It can be found in most grocery stores, K-Mart, Target, or Walmart. It would be found in the cleaning isle, and I use it alot. It comes in a small blue can.

Old 11-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SOS pad, and water. I haven't seen light rust that will stand up to it yet. It will not scratch the chrome either. To stop it from coming back, dab a little rust convertor on the area where it rusted. It should last a few years. You should only need the convertor is the rust has gone through the chrome. If the rust is light enough, it should look like it was never there at all after the SOS.,,,,98

Old 11-30-2005, 06:45 PM
try to rub the bumper with crumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola. Dip the aluminum in any liquid, or again, in baking soda charged water. Hope it helps remove tiny rust on the bumper.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Talking

You should get it re-chromed or just buy a new bumper.

Quick Reply: tiny rust spots on chrome bumper