Meguiar's Quik Detailer Saved the day...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Meguiar's Quik Detailer Saved the day...

I hope. Its still dark outside now; I cant tell how good it worked.

Story is, a buddy and I went to Hardee's to grab some supper. I parked the truck unknowingly under a tree.
I spent a while today cleaning my truck for my vacation this weekend (Troyer Dyno Day). I come out and every square inch of my hood and front bumper are covered in bird crap.

I drive to Walmart and pick up some Mag's Quik Detailer and get it off.
I hope it looks good.

Does the Quik Detailer leave redidue behind? I wiped it dry and buffed it a little with a microfiber.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Boy I hate when that happens. Especially after youv'e spent hours cleanng your truck.

The Quik Detailer should not leave behind a residue. Anytime I use a quick detailer on my truck, I do like to do a final wipe with the dry side of the microfiber just to be sure I don't leave behind any steaks though.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I let my daughter take my truck to school and it was used as bird poo target practice. I just washed the truck the day before and couldn't believe how bad it was. I ended up washing it again.

Kevin

Old 11-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A good rule of thumb is to pack a bottle around in your truck/vehicle at all times. You never know when a nice microfiber towel and a bottle of QD can save the day.

I carry 3 different kinds with me... HA!

BTW, how did you all fare down there khendrix? My grandmother lives over in MCC immediately adjacent to where the destruction occured. Fortunately, she only sustained a little bit of wind damage (tree limbs, shingles, siding)... our friends down the road from her lost their house totally...

RP

Old 11-21-2005, 04:06 PM
No damage at home... tornado didnt hit near Hanson... but the south side of town, at the COuntry club, like you said, is TERRIBLE!
We were pretty lucky.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
I'll try to get some pics tommoro. I went to Earlington today and seen the damage again.... Its amazing nobody got killed.

When you drive down 41 towards Earlington and the golf course is on your left... every tree in that forest has been snapped off... further south on the right it looks even worse.

Only thing I can think of to describe it is it looks like a bomb went off.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Moderator &

I'll be down there Friday - Sunday... actually planning on having dinner at my grandmother's on Saturday... she lives back off of Country Club Drive in the back.

In some sort of weird way, I want to see everything but, by the same token, I'm sure it's going to be intimidating.

RP

Trending Topics

Old 11-22-2005, 09:15 PM
National Guard won't let sight-seers go down most of the damaged roads... but just driving down 41 toward Earlton is just... It takes your breath away.

Sunday Paper reads:
"Tuesday's F4 tornado destroyed 157 structures and left 67 with major damage and 341 with minor damage. Twenty seven people were injured but none were killed."

I also went down 85, past Wal-Mart. The "Pantry" is completly gone and Bowels tool and die is mostly gone. Alot of the houses on MeadowLark lane are gone also.

Last edited by khendrix2374; 11-22-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Moderator &

I wonder if we'll have any problems getting back to my grandmother's house which is near the rear of the area off of Country Club Lane.... hmm.

I'd have to say that I'd be willing to 4-wheel it across the golf course to get to my grandmother's turkey and dressing.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Good luck! And have a great ThanksGiving!

Old 11-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by khendrix2374
I also went down 85, past Wal-Mart. The "Pantry" is completly gone and Bowels tool and die is mostly gone. Alot of the houses on MeadowLark lane are gone also.
Wow... my dad's old shop is immediately behind that Pantry... down the road next to Bowles. Whew.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Quik Detailer Saved the day...