i didnt know where to post it

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool i didnt know where to post it

ok so there are a couple of plastic pieces that i want to paint and i would like to paint them myself....so i was thinking of buying a paint gun and doing it myself....what i want to paint is the plastic piece that covers the throttle body in the engine and a few other small pieces...so if anyone knows where i can buy a decent but cheap gun and paint and the works..and whatever else i need and i think i need an aircompressor correct? welll if anyone has knowledge on this topic please let me know...thanks everyone and keep truckin

Old 01-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok first off i got a set of DeVillibiss paint guns, 1.8 for priming and a 1.4 for base and clear, at SpraygunDepot.com. They were around 250 for the set. Maybe a little much for you but i use mine. Second, you will need to creat adheasion on the plastic so i would suggest some plastic adhesion promoter and scuffing up the plastec with a scotch brite. Now paint wise there are many types of brands but i woud suggest PPG or Dupont. Also you are correct that you do need an air compressor. I hope that this helps you out.

Quick Reply: i didnt know where to post it