What in your opinion is the best leather cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A.S.A.P What in your opinion is the best leather cleaner

Ok i need to clean my 2003 f150 screws leather and i want to buy the best leather cleaner/odor remover. price is not an issue what leather cleaner do you suggest and why.

Last edited by supercrewser13; 12-18-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:07 PM
exx
How come nobody to replied to your post supercrewser, Id like to know what leather cleaners other are using as well I have not been happy with the ones ive tried. Ive tried 2 different ones both meguirers, sure it produced a wetlook for a day but i was hoping it would "clean" the leather, there are a couple spots on the bck seats that are just small marks of dirt or maybe some baby food but the cleaners i used did not clean them up. I tried a spray it was very creamy and did seem to moisten the leather well as well as the quick detail leather wipes that are like baby wipes but neither semed to be a good "cleaner" just a conditioner I guess.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I must have missed this one.

I use both the Lexol cleaner and conditioner and I'm very happy with the results.
Everyone who has ridden in my truck has commented that it smells like new.
Mind you, like some people I won't mention, I'm pretty **** about the interior.
No eating, drinking, smoking, breathing or farting of any kind.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:24 PM
exx
wow you got a nice looking interior there man. Im pretty **** about my interior as well, no eating, drinking, smoking in mine either. Kids gotta take off their shoes too cuz my 3 year old just loves to kick the back of daddys seat. So long as shes barefoot I dont mind, Im heading out in a minute gonna find me some Lexol, thanks.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also use both the Lexol clean & conditioner. Both work very well. One work of caution though, don't use the conditioner too often (like I have), becuase the leather will become too soft and will stretch too much, which can cause saging where your buns go.

But as far as product is concerned, I think Lexol is among the best

Old 01-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLEANER?

How soiled is the leather? I have different product preferences based on the type of leather, the amount of soil, and the 'look' of the leather.

It is critically important to assess the leather's condition before jumping in head over heels with just every product on the market. Let's face it, gasoline would clean a leather seat but, the undesired results that may stem from the use of such a chemical would be detrimental to what you're attempting to accomplish...

RP

Old 01-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
CLEANER?

How soiled is the leather? I have different product preferences based on the type of leather, the amount of soil, and the 'look' of the leather.

RP
Ahhh, know what you mean.
I have actually used the cleaner twice.
Once when I picked the truck up so I could get down in the creases and once after it was shipped to England when the dockers were obviously wearing dirty coveralls.
Apart from that, the leather doesn't get dirty in daily use

Quick Reply: What in your opinion is the best leather cleaner