Wiper blades.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiper blades.

Anyone out there have a preference based on quality and longevity? I don't want fancy ones with wings. I want one that works. I've tried many different kinds on many vehicles over the past 35 years and have never been impressed with any of them. I need to replace the ones on my F150 and my kids Jeeps.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Silblades or the PIAA silicon blades can't be beat.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have yet to find a wiper blade that satisfies me. I did, however, run across a silicone blade (sorry, can't remember the name - it's been that long) from Wally World a few months ago. I figured I'd try them since it seems like I replace them ever other week. To my surprise they worked really well. I've had them the longest out of any brand I've tried (4+ months) and still perform like new. I even put a set on my wifes car. There are no streaks, squeaks, or imperfections, just a really good wipe. I went with 22" both sides and have yet to have a problem. Plus, they have a lifetime guarantee. Might I add they are cheaper than the other brands, too. Hope this helps.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Don't waste your time and money with blades. Buy whatever and use rain-x on the windshield. I hardly use my wipers, water just rolls right off!

Old 01-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Well I researched the Silblades and decided to go with them. I'll see what happens. I found them for $15 each on the internet. I also bought 10 standard Anco blades for my kids Jeep for $15 on Ebay. I also use the Rainex additive in my washer fluid.
Thanks.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Heres a thread I stated not too long ago if this helps.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...787&highlight=

But dont get the Triple Edge Wiper Blades, not sure what brand. Only lasted one winter.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by JTDEERE
Heres a thread I stated not too long ago if this helps.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...787&highlight=

But dont get the Triple Edge Wiper Blades, not sure what brand. Only lasted one winter.

I tried the triple edge blades probably 20 years ago when they first came out. The idea seemed good but they were junk.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
I tried the triple edge blades probably 20 years ago when they first came out. The idea seemed good but they were junk.
I agree. Costco has a twin pack of Trico Winter Teflon blades for just $13.98 for all sizes, yes Winter Teflon. Im actually going there to pick up a pair for my Explorer, winter doesnt treat wipers very nicely.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:45 PM
I purchased the SilBlades after hearing the great reviews that everyone here was giving them, and they are good blades. BUT the finish on the frames of both pairs I have owned (upgraded to 22"...) is very poor. They look like crap after a few months on the truck, as the frame shows rust at every joint. The blades still wipe as good as the day I installed them, but there is a nasty pile of rust spots sitting right in my line of sight every day. A little dissappointing for the $$ they get for them...

Old 01-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
Well I researched the Silblades and decided to go with them.
You **WILL NOT** be sorry. They are fantastic!

I've never had any finish problems on either set I've owned...

Matt--maybe yours got **REALLY** abused by the UPS man before they showed up at your door?

Old 01-05-2006, 08:29 AM
You may also want to check Amazon. I bought several pairs from them real cheap. They didn't have much of a selection though.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:21 PM
I think I'll check those out... I still have the factory wipers on my '00 F150.. They are useless as **** by now. Might as well be leaning out the window with a rag and a bottle of windex...

Thanks!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
when looking at the silblades on amazon.com, how do you know what number wiper blade is the right fitment for our trucks?
might be a really dumb question...i just couldnt figure it out...

thanks
John

Old 01-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Delta17
when looking at the silblades on amazon.com, how do you know what number wiper blade is the right fitment for our trucks?
might be a really dumb question...i just couldnt figure it out...

thanks
John
I noticed that also. I thought maybe at checkout they would ask the size. But I found them cheaper online at www.automotiveinteriors.com

Old 01-10-2006, 10:22 PM
I sell Mighty blades. I used to carry rainny days, but they had a bad batch and pissed off a lot of my customers, so i canned them. Haven't had a problem with a mighty blade yet, but if anyone wants to try some let me know. I sell them for $7.95 per blade retail, but I can hook you c=guys up with a much better price than that. Anyone near me here in cumming that wants to try a pair out and report to the forum, they'll be on the house!

I run them on the front and back of my Nav, no issues (cept when my car wash hangs the rear. And its always only my car that it happens to, damnit)

Navi

Quick Reply: Wiper blades.