pressure washer did some damage..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pressure washer did some damage..

I got a small electric pressure washer for christmas. I used it for the frist time yesterday to clean up the Mountaineer. On the Mercury Modles, you know the silver trim that they put on the taillights of there cars and SUV's? I managed to blow a big chunk of it off yesterday, now it's a big area of just black that was underneath the paint. I called up a Mercury Dealership to see about replacing this silver trim across the tailights, but even though it snaps off the tailights, they do not sell them like that, you have to buy the hole tailight. Its close to 175 bucks I think he said to replace one tailight!

so keep in mind everyone with pressure washers, don't get to close to the finish!

Old 01-05-2006, 09:58 AM
I replied to a thread on this forum a couple of weeks ago.
On pressure washers - handle with care etc.
Cant do links - not a pc tekkie

Old 01-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Nomstradomus said it would happen. And he was right.

Last edited by Peacemaker; 01-05-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 PM
For what its worth, and I dont even know if its possible for you. But I replaced the chrome on two JEEP logos now with that chrome tape and took my time with a small hobby knife. Does it look show room great? NO but it does look a heck of alot better than that plastic under the chrome.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I had a similar problem with an '89 F-150 I owned. I took it to one of these self-wash places that uses pressure washers and quite literally stripped the paint off the truck. Ford apparently had a problem with the paint at the time and paid the local body shop to strip the truck down and re-paint it (two tone at that). They also fixed a fuel sending unit problem I was having. All at no charge.
As I drove away I kept looking in the rear-view mirror for flashing lights. I never get deals like that.

Of course, two weeks later somebody ran into the door in a parking lot. Oh well.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 AM
a small electric PW did that??? you must of had a chip/peel in it already. i have huge Kerosene PW'ers and have never had this happen. i do alot of Ford trucks/SUV's and never seen this. i've blown logo's off but not something like you are dealing with. i 'd say you already had damage and didnt notice it, or you got a defective piece and it should be replaced FOC

Old 01-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Nomstradomus said it would happen. And he was right.
Wait now, if you read furthyer in to his writings I think you will find he referred to his headlight instead of his tail light.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by fmdog44
Wait now, if you read furthyer in to his writings I think you will find he referred to his headlight instead of his tail light.
Well, he wasn't very clear in his written prophecy. But he said something along the lines of "Something so horrific...and so unjustly terrible was going to happen to mountaineer02's vehicle that the paint will just fly off like the gull over the sea. What Nomstradomus himself thought the cause was, we don't know. All we can go by is his written prophecies. But he was on the track, because now we know the prophecy came true!

j/k mounty.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Well, he wasn't very clear in his written prophecy. But he said something along the lines of "Something so horrific...and so unjustly terrible was going to happen to mountaineer02's vehicle that the paint will just fly off like the gull over the sea. What Nomstradomus himself thought the cause was, we don't know. All we can go by is his written prophecies. But he was on the track, because now we know the prophecy came true!

j/k mounty.
Not to worry, I got a new tailight already, so its good as new now. In the meantime I put that pressure washer in storage as I like just using a hose now, I don't have much to wrry about using a hose (I hope not )

Old 01-19-2006, 08:46 PM
There you go.

Quick Reply: pressure washer did some damage..