SilBlades wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilBlades wiper blades

Well UPS just dropped them off and I opened them up. To tell you the truth they don't look any different or better than any others I have used. But looks can be deceiving and the true test is what they're like one year from now. The frame assembly itself appears to have a thick powder coating on it. Not your typical paint. I hope the blades don't lift like all my others have which means only the edges of my windshield gets cleaned and not the most important center portion. There is no design to the blades which would lead me to believe they won't lift.

And to you RainX fans I do use the RainX that is an additive to my washer system when I have it available. I like to use both. When it comes to my windshield there is no such thing as overkill.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who don't know this.....Rain-x, comprised of mineral spirits, will with repeated application eat your blades. The mineral spirits decompose the rubber relatively quickly. Just a piece of advice

Old 01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You're right... they don't look any different but, did you want them to?

They'll out perform any rubber blade... trust me on that! Longevity... think longevity.

RP

Quick Reply: SilBlades wiper blades