Removing Paint Overspray

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Paint Overspray

My truck has been covered up with two part epoxy paint at work on the hood and top of cab it feels like real fine sand paper. The company I work for are saying that the paint contractors are responsible for overspray and of course all of them are saying they didnt do it anyways my question is, what is the best procedure for removal. If any of you have had this problem what worked and what didnt before I let anyone start I will ask what their plan is.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Clay Clay Clay Clay Clay....

Search on this one and you'll find copius amounts of info.

RP

Old 02-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Had that problem with my white 02...place across the street made wrought iron railings, then would spray them outside. Needless to say my nice white truck had black overspray all over it.

I used the mothers clay bar with clean soapy water. It came off. Although it took me about five weeks of one panel at a time!

Clay used to be a lifesaver when I was an Auto painter. No matter how well you masked, overspray was inevitable. The clay worked great!

Regards!

Old 02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
clay does work awesome but if its frsh enough paint try some wd-40, then wash it and wax the area

Old 02-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Another option on fresh overspray would be to use a grease and wax remover from one of the leading paint manufacturers (Dupont,PPG,Sikkens...).

I think if it is indeed a two part epoxy, then you will need to use the clay, or something more abrasive to remove it (1500 grit sand paper).

Just another thought!

Regards!

Quick Reply: Removing Paint Overspray