Approach for Repairing Hood Rock Damage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Approach for Repairing Hood Rock Damage?

I was up in the North Carolina High Country yesterday with my white Ford F250 King Ranch. When i was back home last night, I stopped by the hand spray car wash to get the road slag washed off as there was light snowing in the high country and the roads were being treated.

I'll be darn if I did not find that apparently upon meeting a N.C. DOT salt truck on a 2 lane road through Banner Elk, the stuff he was slinging bounced off my hood and now i have 4 damage areas in the lower front center of the hood where it darn damaged the paint all the way down to the metal with the bare metal showing.

They are not dents, but a sctatch down to the metal where the slag bounced off the hood. The area affected is about the size of a half dollar coin.

What would be my best approach to have it repaired? I'd hate to have to pay to get the entire hood strip and repainted non factory. Being white paint, I'd hope the repair would be easier with another approach. My truck is just a few months old and I take care of it with Meguiars products, so this ticked me off big time.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rockpick, do you have some advice?

Thanks.

Bill

Old 02-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a pretty good 'how-to' --- http://normgrills.net/bcg/Lubricatio...l#anchor279147

There are some companies out there that specialize in rock chip repair -- I believe they use airbrushing techniques -- might check into that aspect as well.

RP

Quick Reply: Approach for Repairing Hood Rock Damage?