Blood

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blood

My good friend decided to have a bloody nose which resembled a rushing waterfall in my truck one night. All i had in the truck to help him was a coke bottle which surprisinly didn't take long to fill up. I told him to stick his head out the window and he ended up with some blood on my passenger door. The thing is i would have stopped but i was driving 80 down a highway. I don't think the blood is coming off safley..lucky i have a red truck.. does anyone have any idea that could get that blood off my truck without really screwing up the paint job?? thanks

Old 03-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Hydrogen Peroxide will take blood out of clothing. So will regular table salt mixed with cold water. Just throwing out some ideas here, I don't know if peroxide will harm the paint or not. Salt corrodes but you wouldn't be leaving it on long enough for that, just be sure the salt is well dissolved before using it. Of course this all works on cloth but paint. . .

Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I was taught that cold water alone was the solvent of choice on cloth, don't know why it wouldn't work on a hard surface like paint.

Maybe bug and tar remover? I would imagine human blood and bug guts are pretty similar for cleaning purposes.

This post reminds me of the time my bro was a rookie cop. He must have weighed 170 lbs at 6'1" - rail thin and young looking at 23. He was driving a pool car that the two night deputies had used the trunk (or was it the hood? that makes more sense in this story...) to subdue a violent offender. Apparently, there was a bloody faceprint on the white patrol car. Anyhow, a DWI suspect was getting pretty froggy with my bro, since he outweighed him by quite a bit and my bro was alone. Until he noticed the faceprint on the patrol car, that is. After that it was all "Yes, sir. No, sir." all the way to the station. To get back to the topic at hand, I don't know what the trustees used to wash the car, but the blood was gone the next shift.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Clay bar - Clay bar - Clay bar!

Old 03-28-2006, 07:47 PM
thanks! i'll have to try some of that stuff out

Quick Reply: Blood