Turtle Wax Ice

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the guys that have used this Turtle wax Ice on a black truck. How easy is it really to get off? I mean now that it's in the 90's here and sunny, your telling me I'm safe to put this wax on a truck thats hot to the touch from the sun and heat?

I know any other waxes I used, if I put it on a hot truck, it steams, bakes on, can't get it off without scrubbing your life away.

is this good wax to use VS the Maguires??

Today I bought a bottle of this wax from Auto zone for free since I earned enough credits to get a $20 in store credit. I would love to try this wax out, but when you compare this wax to Maguires wax, whats the main difference? Is it still the same protection?

Old 05-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok not sure how this product works on a oxidized truck, but it worked great on my truck. I was able to wax the whole truck in about 45 minutes. what was really nice is you can wipe down all the plastic pieces and trim with no residue. have worked in the detailing business this is a great product as long it last between waxing.just my 02cents

Old 05-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Turtle Wax Ice

I just applied Ice to my truck this morning and it is great! It wipes on almost like water, you let it dry, then you wipe the vehicle down almost like you are drying it off, with just a little buffing. This stuff won't take off oxidation or buff out marks because it has no polishing compounds in it, and it tells you that. If your finish is in bad shape, you need to repair it before you use it. It's kind of like Zaino, just for shine and protection, not a finish restorer. I put it on the paint, the plastic, the chrome, and the exterior rubber. It looks great! I've use Meguiers "Gold what ever" wax and it gives a good finish with alot of work, but it seemed to only last a half dozen washes or so. I also have used Zaino (on a black Mustang), which by the way is GREAT stuff too, but for the size of my truck and all the plastic that I would have to mask off, I wanted something that was easy to use. The claim for durability is 20 washings or around 6 months. We'll see on that one. My opinion on Turtle Wax Ice ...
By the way, I just joined F150 online, so hello!

Last edited by florybuysell; 05-30-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used it also and had great results.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
worked well for me on my wife's black ZX2. made the black plastic mirrors and window trim look new. i was able to wax around the winshield spray nozzels and the antenna base very nicely. took almost no time to do the car. i just wonder how long it will really last. was kinda expensive too.... $16 at walmart.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

As soon as I get a chance I'm going to clay my truck and give this stuff a try. All these positive reviews are encourraging me to use it. Now if I can only get a decent day off from work. These 50 hr. weeks are killing me!

Old 06-03-2006, 01:54 AM
While I used the Ice on pearl red and black color paints, I feel the results are astounding on both. This product is without a doubt an absolute time saver. And a little bit goes a very long way. One thing I noticed, if you keep shaking the bottle while applying, it seems to work much better. I also found a micro-fiber towel is a must taking the Ice off the surface. Terry cloth just doesn't do as good a job. I'm here to say I'll never use anything else just from the time standpoint alone. You can slop it on everything and it looks fantastic when done wiping off. My hat is off to Turtle Wax for my extra fishing time and for this product.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:25 PM

I also used the turtle wax ice on my truck, and it really worked well on all the black plastic parts and gave it a great shine, but out here in west texas the dust was all over it within a couple of days. from a distance though it looks great, up close you can see all the dust though.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 PM
!!! ICE UPDATE !!!

i washed my wife's black ZX2 on saturday. i had waxed it with ICE about a month ago. still looks very good. cleaned up easy. lasting for 6 months might be a little optimistic.

next....
i used it on my dark toredor red 2004 F150. went on very nice. truck looked awesome. that evening (about 5 hours after waxing) it rained. rained all night. came out in the morning and noticed the ICE had left streaks down the side of the truck. below the black plastic ledge on the bed and tailgate. under the side view mirror. i had the same thing happen when i used to armor-all those parts. this is a ittle dissapointing. it was easy to fix.... just wiped it off... but.... some thought.... maybe i put on too much on the black plastic parts? maybe i didn't wipe it off enough? maybe it didn't have enough time to dry before it rained?

i'm going to try it again (it only takes an hour to do the whole truck so why not)......... just my observations.

see ya - oaw

Old 06-20-2006, 06:17 PM

Well I finally got around to using the ICE. I applied it after I clayed the truck. It came out great! This is my new favorite wax. It went on and came off so easily. Now I just have to wait for rain to see how it beads up. I would definitely reccomend this product if you are looking for a quick, easy wax.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I tried it yesterday on my black SCREW, to use it as an "in between serious detailing" spiff up (I'm a clay bar /Meg's three step with Gold Class/ top with carnuba kind of guy). When I first started putting it on, I didn't care for it, but before I got done, I changed my mind. It looked great when it was done, but will remain an interim product for a little pop. What's up with the high price though? $18 is pretty steep.....

Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I just applied it to my blk screw also this weekend and it made the truck look great but they shouldnt call it a polish. This is more like a detailer. Made the blk plastic look good. By the way this product is on national back order now.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Turtle Wax

All i have to say about it is that I would not buy the product again. Yes you can get it on the windows and plastic parts but I was not impressed with the shine. To me it felt more greasy than anything.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:30 PM
I tried the ice and thought it was great on top of a wax job. I waxed my truck 2 weeks ago and washed and put the ice on today. The black looks like a mirror.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:28 PM
OK Guys, I went out and bought some turtle wax ice. Used it this afternoon and I must say, I was impressed with it. I really like the way it shined up my plastic parts. Buff it off good to avoid the greasy feel. Leaves one hell of a shine .

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice