Turtle Wax Ice

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the Ice at DrugMart for $14 by the way.

Last edited by Silverfish; 07-04-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:45 AM
i just used the ice yesterday. all i can say is wow! i waxed the whole truck in 10 min plastic and all. even if it doesnt last long its still worth it for the amount of time it takes to put it on.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Hmmmm, I may have to give this stuff a try!

Old 07-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Its so easy to use, I will just apply it once a month. I want to see how this stuff holds up to the winter snow and road salt.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Its so easy to use, I will just apply it once a month. I want to see how this stuff holds up to the winter snow and road salt.

I'll use the NXT followed by two coats of carnuba and been done till fall. I did this two months ago and it still looks good. I'm not wasting my time waxing the truck every month. I'll stick with what has worked well and lasts longer

Old 07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I have used NXT and it is good for a regular wax application. But with the trees and bugs ****ting on everything it would look like **** again in a couple days. What do you do now? That's where Turtle Wax ice comes in. Rather than an all out wax application which can take a lot of time, it's more of a quick way to protect and get the shine back with minimal effort. And it can go all over the plastic too. The NXT will leave a messy white residue if you try that.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still puzzled by the 'synthetic carnauba' statement. Anyone figured that out?

Old 07-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I'm still puzzled by the 'synthetic carnauba' statement. Anyone figured that out?
That is funny...missed it the first time!
Maybe he could make a sandwich out of the carnauba so it would look like this:

nxt
carnauba
nxt

Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by ZAXJAX
I'll use the NXT followed by two coats of carnuba and been done till fall. I did this two months ago and it still looks good. I'm not wasting my time waxing the truck every month. I'll stick with what has worked well and lasts longer
I used a cleaner, then a polish, then Nxt about 2 weeks ago and it came out nice. Ive been using this on my truck for the last year since I got it. But I put the Ice on last week and it brought out the depth even more. Like I said in another post ICE its just like an involved detailer.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
I used a cleaner, then a polish, then Nxt about 2 weeks ago and it came out nice. Ive been using this on my truck for the last year since I got it. But I put the Ice on last week and it brought out the depth even more. Like I said in another post ICE its just like an involved detailer.
I guess I'll take your word on the depth it brought out. I think I'll stick with a quick detailer instead of an involved detailer. I'd like to hear how long this "ICE" really lasts. Anyone have any streaking on the black trim?

Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 AM
I guess I'll take your word on the depth it brought out. I think I'll stick with a quick detailer instead of an involved detailer. I'd like to hear how long this "ICE" really lasts. Anyone have any streaking on the black trim?
I applied it last Saturday and have had rain dumpped on us at least 4 days on and off since then and still looks good.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:27 AM
I applied it last Saturday and have had rain dumpped on us at least 4 days on and off since then and still looks good.

I'm not trying to be an a$%, but 4 days is not what I mean. I did my three step, clay, NXT, two coats of carnuba, and it still looks like as good when I first did it . That was two months ago. I've washed once a week since and I've gotten plenty of rain here too. Let me know in two months who that "ICE" does. I'll stick with Rockpick's advice on NXT or Synwax followed up by carnuba for protection. If I need a detailer, I'll use Meguiar's, not an involved "ICE"!

Old 07-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm not trying to be an a$%, but 4 days is not what I mean. I did my three step, clay, NXT, two coats of carnuba, and it still looks like as good when I first did it . That was two months ago. I've washed once a week since and I've gotten plenty of rain here too. Let me know in two months who that "ICE" does. I'll stick with Rockpick's advice on NXT or Synwax followed up by carnuba for protection. If I need a detailer, I'll use Meguiar's, not an involved "ICE"!

I doubt it looks as good as the day you did it (2 months ago), my 2 cents!

Old 07-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I applied mine almost 3 weeks ago. I had no streaking on my black trim and it rains almost every afternoon here (damn coliding sea breezes). The water still beads up like the day I waxed it and it still has the same shine, after I wash the dirt off from the rain of course.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 AM
I think the next time in AutoZone I will pick it up and give it a try. It sounds like its pretty good. I saw a DuPont wax commercial the other day. They had it in the windtunnel and threw mud on the car after a wax. Well I'd hope with like 100+ mph winds will make the mud fly off.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice