white over dark shadow grey

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question white over dark shadow grey

is there any special tricks or products to make the glow come out on a white vehicle?

Old 04-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stevens11
is there any special tricks or products to make the glow come out on a white vehicle?
While I've never used the product, I think this is a testament to the fact that it *CAN* be done....

Originally Posted by MaxTorque02
I've had really good luck with Meguiars #82 followed by Clearkotes Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and topped with Poorboys EX P. I've also used S100 as a topper without the EX P and also on top of the EX P. You don't get the depth of a dark colored car, but you can get a really nice shine.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Being just a bit partial to white, (my last 7 trucks have been white), let me offer my opinions. First, you need to prep the paint properly just like any other color. RockPick can fill you in on the details or you can do a search in this forum. Next, you need a decent product to really show off the white. Although I prefer Zaino products and get (what I think are) fantastic results, I've also tried NXT (great stuff!) and will be trying Mother's Synwax shortly. No matter what you choose though, I can assure you that the real shine is all in the prep work. I can also assure you that done correctly, Oxford White takes on a soft glow that you just want to reach out and touch. Good luck!

Old 04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
thanks for the quick replies, I quess I am on the right track, this past weekend I gave the truck a good wash and then went over the sides and hood with mequires clay kit. then put on one coat of nxt. can you put the zaino no. 5 over the nxt?

Old 04-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stevens11
thanks for the quick replies, I quess I am on the right track, this past weekend I gave the truck a good wash and then went over the sides and hood with mequires clay kit. then put on one coat of nxt. can you put the zaino no. 5 over the nxt?
I really don't think that'd work out very well honestly...

If you did any level of layering, ... well, on second thought, those products really can't be used together... at least I don't think so... here's why...

Z5 over NXT... it wouldn't have the opportunity to 'bond' to the paint as Z would want...

NXT over Z5 .... the NXT, with it's cleaners, would probably remove some of the Z and thus, render it non-existant.

I'm not a Z expert but have tried it on a couple of occasions. It's fantastic stuff and is well respected within the detailing realm. For me, though, I didn't find it to be my best choice. Like I said though, it's good stuff... even though I wouldn't tell Harley#356 or 01 XLT Sport that I said that...

Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 PM
ok, thanks again, guess I will just put on another coat of nxt and call it good.It does look pretty good right now.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:54 AM
I'll second RP here. Mixing the two products you mentioned - as good as they are independently - probably wouldn't work. Since you've started with NXT, I'd recommend staying with it. You'll also find a number of folks here who like to put a layer of #26 Carnuba over the top of the second layer of NXT. Although I haven't tried it, some say it adds some depth. Now, if you'd started with Zaino ... Ah, but that's next time.

Trending Topics

Old 04-13-2006, 11:47 PM
I used to NXT wax when I had my Pearl White Explorer. It made that paint absolutely come alive, it was awesome. Hopefully I'll get to use it on my Dark Stone.

Quick Reply: white over dark shadow grey