Zaino application question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino application question

alright when i apply Z2 pro or Z5 its seems hard for me to tell where i alredy spread it or not. i know where i went over but since your only supposed to put a small drop on the application pad i dont know. plus when i do get some on i feel like im having to drag it across my paint not really gliding. So is this normal?..do you guys have any secrets.. or am i messed up? thanks

Old 04-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The trick with Zaino is not to use too much, but it almost sounds like you're using too little. If all you're putting on the pad is a drop, you haven't got enough. With all of the different products I've used over the years, I'd say Zaino is pretty close to most liquid waxes when it comes to how much one should apply. If you lather on too much liquid wax, you get a mess. Same with Zaino. If you're using enough, the pad will "glide" across the surface. If you're not using enough, it will drag. Hope that helps!

Old 04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
ok so it has to be juuuust right haha ok i guess just have to keep trying to find the right amount. when you apply it can you clearly see it go on? and how much do you usually use to do your whole car with however many coats you do?

Old 04-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Not to butt in here, but... You should apply about a dime sized amount to a good applicator. But you may want to prep that applicator by spraying it with Zaino detail spray - if you bought it. It helps to get the Zaino going. I did my Mustand with about an ounce and a half, and that was with a heavy application. If your finish is super smooth and clean you won't need much...and you shouldn't feel drag either.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, you should be able to see it go on - and come off. I usually put on two coats of Z-2 Pro at a time. I agree with the "dime size" spot on the applicator.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
alright well i guess my dime size has to expand a little bit...thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Zaino application question