Drying

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I carefully use a "Jelly Blade" and then come behind it with M/F towels to dry what's left. On the wheels and chrome bumpers, a chamois.

P

Old 04-29-2006, 01:08 PM
I use these WWs.

Really good stuff...I'm kinda "micro-fiber" addicted since I first started using 'em.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 98Navi
I don't usually mention this, but back in the day, I mean way back (way back for me anyway, just yesteryear for you old timers) I used to just fire up the ol leaf blower and blow dry the car. Works wonders really, as long as the gas mix isn't off making it smoke. But nowadays I just let the carwash blowers do all the hard work.
Yep... I've used this one too. It's a FINE method as it introduces NO abrasion and thus, eliminates the possiblity of scratching/swirling.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:23 PM
I use I think they call it the california blade??? Kind of like a squeegie. Works wonders, never had a problem with scratches. After that I give it a quick wipe down with the Absorber. Takes all of about 2 min. to dry the f-150

Old 04-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 01TruBluGT
I use I think they call it the california blade??? Kind of like a squeegie. Works wonders, never had a problem with scratches. After that I give it a quick wipe down with the Absorber. Takes all of about 2 min. to dry the f-150

I used to swear by this product until I started noting a lot of 'straight line' scratches. Sure, it's not the blade, itself, that is causing that problem; it's a tiny bit of grit/sand/grime being drug around on the blad that is doing it but, in turn, I came to the conclusion that it simply wasn't a safe alternative for me to dry -- especially on dark colors.

RP

Old 04-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Here is the best drying technique I know.

I use an automotive squeegie on most of my truck, and then I jerk out the leaf blower. It really does the trick. It will blow the water right off. And works wonders for rims too.

Quick Reply: Drying