Any other 'Zaino Addicts' out there? (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 11:45 PM
tgt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StuckInMuck
Hey tgt I'm looking to try out zaino.

<--been a huge meguiars client for a long time.

On zaino's site they are reccomending using there new zfx. Is there any reason you didn't use that? I'm wanting to use there latest and greatest to see if there is a difference in meguiars or not.

Thanks

eric
Hey Eric -

I DID use the zfx. zfx is simply an additive that you can add to the polishes that allow for quick drying.

-Travis

Old 04-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by tgt
Hey Eric -

I DID use the zfx. zfx is simply an additive that you can add to the polishes that allow for quick drying.

-Travis
ok. That's one thing that i'm not keen on after reading there site.

Did you actually do three seperate applications?

1st application: zfx mixed with anything? It says you don't need to use z-1 when using zfx

2nd and 3rd app:straight z3?

Can you help me out? BTW I have the same color combo on my truck after seeing your pics i'm really wanting to try out what you did. So if you could help me out with the details. I'm a newb to zaino.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:16 AM
tgt
ok. That's one thing that i'm not keen on after reading there site.

Did you actually do three seperate applications?

1st application: zfx mixed with anything? It says you don't need to use z-1 when using zfx

2nd and 3rd app:straight z3?

Can you help me out? BTW I have the same color combo on my truck after seeing your pics i'm really wanting to try out what you did. So if you could help me out with the details. I'm a newb to zaino.
Hey Eric -

No problem at all, here's what I did:

1) Dawn wash to remove old wax
2) Clayed the Truck
3) Dawn wash to remove any clay residue
4) Pre Polish Lock application
5) Show Car Polish application (WITH zfx)
6) 2nd Show Car Polish application (WITH zfx)

-Travis

Old 04-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by tgt
Hey Eric -

No problem at all, here's what I did:

1) Dawn wash to remove old wax
2) Clayed the Truck
3) Dawn wash to remove any clay residue
4) Pre Polish Lock application
5) Show Car Polish application (WITH zfx)
6) 2nd Show Car Polish application (WITH zfx)

-Travis
ahhhhhh ok I see what's going on now. The only thing that is still going on in my head is why you used Z-1. From what i'm reading on there site it's telling me to skip your step #4??? Did you just do it for the added bonus or am I missing something?

Old 04-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Accidental double post, please disregard this one.

Last edited by F-150 AZ; 05-02-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Well, this thread made me clean my truck today for the first time in about 2 months.

It's no Zaino job but Maguires products always have worked [well] above average for me.

A Meguiar's NXT Car Wash, interior vacum, Meguiar's NXT Tire Cleaner and Meguiar's NXT Insane Shine Tire Coating and to finish off some Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Car Wax was what I applied.

Just under 90mins from go-to-woah.

You should clay it and use pure polish like Meguiars #7 show car glaze. I have a white truck too and it really brings out that glossy, wet look.

tgt

yeah I kinda figured that after going through their site a little more. BTW I'm not trying to go off on Zaino products, the fact is I can't say anything bad about them because I've never tried them. From your pics it looks like you get great results tho.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhhhhh ok I see what's going on now. The only thing that is still going on in my head is why you used Z-1. From what i'm reading on there site it's telling me to skip your step #4??? Did you just do it for the added bonus or am I missing something?
If you are using the ZFX you do not have to use the Z-1. Also if you live in a dry climate you don't really need the ZFX or the Z-1. The heat and dry weather will make the polish dry out fast enough. But if you live in a humid climate you defenitly need ZFX. It will take for ever for the Z-2 or Z-5 to dry without it.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by pa_wolf62
If you are using the ZFX you do not have to use the Z-1. Also if you live in a dry climate you don't really need the ZFX or the Z-1. The heat and dry weather will make the polish dry out fast enough. But if you live in a humid climate you defenitly need ZFX. It will take for ever for the Z-2 or Z-5 to dry without it.

OK gotcha thanks. I believe i'm going to go ahead and order a bottle of zfx and z-2

Old 04-30-2006, 09:44 AM
tgt
Honestly...this was my first exposure to the zfx...as I had alot of Zaino left to use the past year or two. You are right, by the looks of it you don't have to Z-1.

Good Luck!
Travis

Old 04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Travis - I've been using Zaino for the last 5 years.... I always go over to Roadfly for advice on using Zaino.... some real good tips over there from experienced/professional detailers on how to use it and get best results. (seems to finds its way on some very expensive cars....!!! ) http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing/

Old 04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
I even Zaino under the hood...

Old 05-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Nice shine on that truck, TGT. What i like even more is the open landscape in the background. What i wouldn't give to live in the country. Unfortunately, i live in Southern Cal. surrounded by concrete. Alas, maybe someday.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jim McK
I even Zaino under the hood...

Carry on that legacy, nice way to tribute and it looks great to boot.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:13 PM
tgt
Originally Posted by bob1
Nice shine on that truck, TGT. What i like even more is the open landscape in the background. What i wouldn't give to live in the country. Unfortunately, i live in Southern Cal. surrounded by concrete. Alas, maybe someday.

I hear ya bob1. I grew up on a Dairy Farm in WI (can I admit that on this board?), so I knew I had to live out in the country.

-Travis

Quick Reply: Any other 'Zaino Addicts' out there? (Pics)