Hey RP

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey RP

So, my Blue Coral guy stopped working for blue coral and has started to sell Malco and Meguiars products. Basically, I guess what I am looking for is a quick bio of the products that I use the most

A light cut, medium and heavy cut.
Their most efficiant wax (it doesn't need to be the best, just a good one that dries quickly and leaves a nice sheen)

I know about final inspection, I love it!
The other cut products they have, and some quick notes of what you use. I need to get myself up to speed on them. My guy is knowledgable about all his stuff, but I like hands on experience.

Last edited by 98Navi; 04-29-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Navi --

Are you looking to go down a 'Detailer' line of products (sold in bulk, a bit cheaper, etc) or are you just interested in the Mirror Glaze (Pro) line?

Old 04-30-2006, 09:59 AM
I didn't really inspect his stuff htat much, but I know he had 83, 84, and 85 on the truck.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Moderator &

83 is a pretty good 'medium' cut... I use it often on client vehicles with a rotary. I don't find that it breaks down very well with the PC (especially on dark vehicles) and thus, has the tendancy to introduce very slight maring -- with a rotary though, it's solid.

I've never really liked 85 as a heavy cut and have always gone with 84. Honestly, it's rare that I'm working into this realm unless I'm doing a little wet sanding but, 84 has ALWAYS done well for me. It's a solid compound IMO.

Low end on the cut may be #2 or similar. Again though, they say it can be used with the PC but, I can't really get the product to do what I want it to do when I'm using a PC -- the rotary, however, does a fine job.

Being that you're in GA, you will probably like similar products as I mentioned -- especially in the summer. #2 is more of a oily product and thus, you can work it much longer before it sets up... the same is true of #84. #80 is another fine choice on the low end as well for the same reason (and works well with a PC or cyclo).

Now, if you want to jump into the D-line (which is marketed more towards the volume guys), I'm not sure I'm going to be a huge help. I use some of their stuff out of this line (specifically, the Hyper Dressing -- best dressing I've found due to dilutability) but, I'm sure you have your favorites out of other lines... it is worth a try. You mentioned Final Inspection -- I personally like one of their old/discontinued QD sprays more than nearly all of the others I've used combined but, it's DQ'd. The QD spray currently in the D-line is okay but, falls way short of it's predesessor. AKA: stick with FI (I really like FI too).

A good clay lube out of the Meg's Mirror Glaze line is #00 (Hi-Tech Wash). I don't think of it as a shampoo but more as a clay lube -- even one of the 'big wigs' at Meg's said that it should be called #00 - Hi-Tech Clay Lubricant.

D-Line washes (sorry, I'm jumping all over the place here -- I'm still asleep)... they have one that's called Hyper Wash. It's dilutable to 400:1. Yes, four-hundred. If you trust your guys to dilute properly, it may save you some $ in the long run there... of course, I'm not sure what BC is offering you in this arena or if you're doing hand washes (or if it's strictly tunnel). I've used this stuff before and it yields great suds -- it scares me though that it's SO concentrated.

From a wax standpoint, I have not tried their X-press Liquid Wax but, I have heard good things about it. At $26 for a gallon, it may be a little on the $ side for volume but, you may give it a try.

Sorry for the ramble... let me know if you need to know anything else...

Old 04-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Thats not rambling, thats great info.

AKA: stick with FI (I really like FI too).
I have used that final inspection since back in the day as well. Used to use it on dads 61 vet before, during, and after shows. Great stuff

Hyper Wash. It's dilutable to 400:1
I saw that. He had some samples but he knew what I was using currently. I do very little handwashing, mostly only on limos that won't fit (and I have put some big ones through there to) H1's, vehicles with damage, Vipers, Ferarri's, etc.... The stuff I am using is called simply, Hand Wash. I have a method of dilution that is foolproof however. Its a (i forgot the damn name) but it has a water in line and different tips for ratio;s of my choosing for different applications. I use them for glass cleaner mixing, multipurpose, air freshners, and so on.

Have you tried anything in the Malco line? I have read a few things about them, not really anything negative yet though. I still have blue coral products at my disposal (my tunnel runs on BC products, and I have a different rep for them who can also have the detail products drop shipped, but I knew the detail guy and my prices were super low in comparision to what I have been quoted for the drop ships)

Thanks RP

Old 04-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Moderator &

Short of having read about some Malco products and having seen them in the Carwash magazine on occasion, I know little to nothing about them. Sorry bud...

Quick Reply: Hey RP