wash between cab and bed part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
gp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wash between cab and bed part 2

my wash mit handle or what ever you want to call it just came in from www.properautocare.com/trcapwabr.html.works great!its nothing but a plastic flat handle about 40 inches long with a regular hand wash mit on the end.fits in from the top between the bed and cab and just work it up and down and it washes both sides at one time.the futher down you go the less side to side pressure you can put on it.so i got under the truck and did it from the bottom up to get a little more side pressure on the bottom half.little messy but hey,it works.it still works great just doing it from the top though.for 20$ i would highly recomend it.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Cool. Any pics for us to see? I know it may be hard, though, to get a pic of between the cab and bed. Also, about how much junk came out when you did this? ie: was it worth doing, or do you think that it was just another OCD quirk that us detailing fools do in hopes of eliminating every grain of dust on our vehicles.....

Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad it worked for you. You're welcome.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:17 PM
gp
since my truck only has 10,000 miles on it and hasnt seen rain i wouldnt say it was very dirty.but,its painted,needs to be cleaned like the rest of the truck.and yes,for 20$ its very well worth it.my truck is a 99 lightning that looks as good today as it was new and its going to stay that way.call it what you want,i just like a clean truck.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by gp
since my truck only has 10,000 miles on it and hasnt seen rain i wouldnt say it was very dirty.but,its painted,needs to be cleaned like the rest of the truck.and yes,for 20$ its very well worth it.my truck is a 99 lightning that looks as good today as it was new and its going to stay that way.call it what you want,i just like a clean truck.
How on earth do you only have 10k miles on a 99 Lightning? Do you drive it???

But I will definately look into the device thing...whatever it was called.
(I have around 56k on my F-150...Prob'ly pretty dirty between the bed and cab...)

Old 05-20-2006, 10:54 PM
gp
i have too many play toys and not enough time to drive them all.but shes by far the best of the group although my 66 galaxie is a close 2nd.and when i do drive it i drive it like i stole it cause thats what its made for.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Sheeeesh, whats next, waxing that area too? RP, I know you've tried it before.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, how quickly they forget. A while back we caught 01XLTSport (with pictures he posted here) red handed with the INSIDE of the exhaust pipe tips polished on his Lightning. How far up he went is still a mystery though. I'm pretty sure I don't want to see his secret process!

Quick Reply: wash between cab and bed part 2