Scuff mark?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Sandpaper as in 20 grit or sandpaper as in 2000 grit?
20 grit

Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TXhustla
20 grit

Going to be tough to impossible to totally remove them. You're going to have to go with something that has a VERY high cutting ability and, as a result of using this type of prodcut, you're likely to introduce more problems that will require products of lesser abrasive ability to remove the scuff.

Sight unseen, it's VERY tough to recommend a product or eight to use but, like I said -- unseen -- I'd probably go with a product like Meguiar's #84 but only use it a few times as it's abrasive enough to cause clearcoat failure if used agressively over a very small area repeatedly... You'll have to follow this step, once the majority is removed, with something like #83 or #81. Odds are, you're going to also need a high speed rotary buffer as well -- this is probably nothing that you have on the shelf nor would be willing to purchase for this task (a nice one is going to work up around the $200 range). Again though, I'm just assuming there...

Honestly, your best bet is to let a professional body shop deal with something of that significance. By the time you invest in several compounds, polishes, and then finishing polishes to get it back to perfection, you're probably working up around the general price that it may take a professional to remove the scuff...

I hope that helps a bit... sight unseen, it's nearly impossible to perscribe a remedy.

RP

Old 05-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So its no type of cheap spray or paint something along thoses lines to be used.

Quick Reply: Scuff mark?!!!