Exterior trim question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exterior trim question

I'm sure this issue has been tackled before, but since I am pretty new to the site I'll just start it up again. How do you get the black trim on the bumpers back to black? mine have all kinds of dirt embedded in them and they're not looking so good.... Also does someone have a good source for replacement emblems? My "XLT" on the fenders is very sun faded from that damn El Paso sunshine. Also is there a source for "washed" emblems or a procedure to do it I like that look and think I might try it if it's not too hard. And one last thing; waxing and using a clay bar HELP! I'm OK at waxing but clay barring is new to me so any pointers would be appreciated.... Sorry this is so long and so many ?'s but I figured it was easier to post them into one thread instead of starting 4 different ones.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Thumbs up

I found the article on how to acetone your emblems on f-150.net, so that issue is resloved, but still need input on making the trim black again....

Old 05-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Try Mother's Back to Black on your exterior trim! I like it better than the Meguiar's Exterior Trim Detailer!

Quick Reply: Exterior trim question