Mother's Powerball

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mother's Powerball

Reading the previous post renews my interest in the powerball versus wearing my arms out for 2 hours or so. My question is that I use Way 2EZ aluminum polish for my wheels and the black stuff that forms due to the chemical reaction is pretty tough to wash out. Would it ruin the powerball?? And could I finish using the ball on the other wheels once the poweball is coated with the black gunk?? I use terry cloths or shop paper towels now and as far as the cloths go, they are ruined after each use.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:58 PM
You would be surprised how easy the Powerball washes out. I have had it blacker than asphalt and using dish soap makes it look brand new. Although I have to say that this was probably the biggest waste of $20 EVER. I bought some New Aluminum cleaner from Lane's Performance Products for $22 a bottle and it works about 10 times better than the Powerball. About half the work and you delute the bottle, so it lasts a while.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 PM
I've heard that its no good, but something has to be easier than hand polishing. Way 2EZ works well but you've got to put in some work. Maybe I should downsize from 20's. Ummmm....well maybe not.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Thumbs up

Take a device like the powerball ( I assume its like the flitz ball) and attach it to a 12 volt drill and it gets *most* of the surface, the rest is for the old hand

Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 98Navi
Take a device like the powerball ( I assume its like the flitz ball) and attach it to a 12 volt drill and it gets *most* of the surface, the rest is for the old hand

I concur (and yes, it's like a flitz). Be careful to know the limitations of this product and that it can pick up grit and such to cause havoc on a high-polished surface.

I've tried the Flitz... won't try the powerball. Just too much risk in my opinion... Wheels aren't cheap. I'll stick with elbow grease.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I use the powerball exclusively on my chrome truck wheels and on my chrome TBird wheels. I first put flitz chrome polish on then I use the powerball on my cordless drill and it cuts the wheel polishing time in half, I will then use a microfiber towell for the final shine. The wheels look fantastic and my arm is not sore from all the rubbing. I have never had the powerball scratch the wheels or harm then in any way. I also use the powerball on the chrome bumper and on my chrome exhaust tips.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I use the mothers power ball as well as the mother aluminum finish. It gets most of the dirt but not all. All in all though it does a good job but you have to go over it with a towel. It takes me about 15-20 mins per wheel and that because I usually go over it 2 times.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:15 PM
use a spray wheel cleaner. Cleans all the crap off with minimal work. I do. And I constantly get complemented on my truck...

Quick Reply: Mother's Powerball